Page 1 of 1

C200s vs CS22

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:48 pm
by hbmyke7
I'm new to the forum and looking to purchase my second boat. I have heard Cobalts are simply the best. What I don't know is the difference between models. I'm interested in either the C200s or the CS2. And possibly the R3. Can anyone give me a breakdown of the difference? I'm on the Southern California coast so I do go in the ocean quite a bit and take about 3 trips out to Havasu or Mohave a year. Mostly just my wife and I, I have a 20" now and looking for a quality boat I can keep for a long time. Thanks in advance!

Re: C200s vs CS22

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:44 pm
by JTinMO
I can't give you a lot of first hand knowledge, as we only looked at the 220s, a CS23, and an R3. The R3 will have taller freeboard than the C200s or the CS2. If you are going in the ocean I would go with the most freeboard you can get. Honestly, that's what drove us back to a 232. I liked the freeboard of the R3, just not the price.

I don't by into the big boat need all the time, but in this case I would go bigger than the CS2 or C200S if you can afford it. You don't need the size for persons on board, but the bigger boat will make the ride much easier.

I would also want as much power as possible with the big water wishes. And maybe an extra bilge pump in there as well.

Re: C220s vs CS22

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:35 am
by hbmyke7
JtinMO, thanks for your feedback. I actually caught a typo after reading, I am actually looking at the 220s, not the 200s. So yea, 220s vs cs22. I don’t see much difference between the models. Obviously the R3 is what I would like but a bit pricy.

Re: C220s vs CS22

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:11 am
by JTinMO
hbmyke7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:35 am JtinMO, thanks for your feedback. I actually caught a typo after reading, I am actually looking at the 220s, not the 200s. So yea, 220s vs cs22. I don’t see much difference between the models. Obviously the R3 is what I would like but a bit pricy.
Ok, so we were in the same boat (pun intended). There are not a lot of differences. Biggest is the layout of the swim deck (lounge) and the location of the walkthroughs. The front bow area is slightly different (CS22 is squared in the corner while the 220S is rounded). The CS22 also has a separate anchor locker while the 220S does not. I was turned off of the 220S after looking at the CS22 and CS23s. All may have minor dimensional differences, but they won't be huge differences.

The 22S does not have a full width swim platform either, while the CS models do. The CS models have the molded in deck at the rear. You either like the design or not. I actually do.

Pricing on both is similar as well. So it really comes down to what feels better to you. To me they both felt small. So I was into the CS23 size or an older 232. You see I went with an older 232 and saved 20K and got a much bigger boat.

Re: C200s vs CS22

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:09 pm
by Bamabonners
We compared the 220 to the CS22 as well. We went with the CS22 for the anchor locker, the flip bolster, the swim platform, and the passenger side dash and compartment. I love the shape of the CS22 - reminds me of an old school wooden boat with the higher nose and hips near the back. I prefer the dash on the 220 though - looks a little nicer than the metal.

The CS22 has been amazing in the rough water around here.