Page 1 of 1
Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am
by BobWiley
Hi everyone. I'm new. I recently purchased a 2017 CS1 (renamed CS22) with a bimini top. It doesn't have an arch/tower. I'm wondering if my dealer can install a factory tower or if I would have to find a different brand aftermarket tower. Just looking for a little info before I ask the service department. Thanks!
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:31 am
by NautiGirl
That's new enough that you should be able to get a factory tower installed. Cobalt keeps making parts for boats for 7 years after date of manufacture. Call them up and get your tower.
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:24 am
by BobWiley
Thanks!
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:32 am
by AsLan7
BobWiley wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:24 amThanks!
.
Hey congrats on your new baby, bobwiley! Any pics?
Btw , some towers require a fiberglass strengthened hull at the attachment point with backing plates done at the factory. Be sure to check on that. Itβs not always as simple as just adding a tower....especially if you plan to pull from it (vs adding one just for aesthetics).
In any event, so glad you found us. Is this your first Cobalt?
And welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:12 pm
by BobWiley
Thanks. I appreciate the welcome! I'll post some photos when I get a chance. I appreciate the help.
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:05 pm
by Big Block Power
I'm going to say that hull is already prepared for a tower.
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:49 pm
by ajcampen
Samson towers is the oem on cobalt towers
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:50 pm
by Big Block Power
BobWiley wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am
Hi everyone. I'm new. I recently purchased a 2017 CS1 (renamed CS22) with a bimini top. It doesn't have an arch/tower. I'm wondering if my dealer can install a factory tower or if I would have to find a different brand aftermarket tower. Just looking for a little info before I ask the service department. Thanks!
At least you don't want to take one off


Too soon?
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:06 am
by Ytmsn
Welcome BobWiley! Dont worry about BBs comment . We have a little watercooler joke going on...
As A7 said, you'll want to make sure your hull is reinforced at the mounting point. And as BB said, it may already be, but a quick call to Cobalt should answer that question. If it's not, then I'd highly recommend a backing plate to spread the force it'll be taking on. And if you get one dont pull a tube with it. Use your ski eye for that.
Now you need to post pics or your boat does not exist ! It's almost a proven rumor that anyone posting lots of pictures of their new boat is blessed with many hours of carefree boating, while those that don't have issues. Sooo, you dont want to be "that guy"!
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:59 am
by liquid