Page 1 of 1
WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:10 am
by akorcovelos
Live on the WI/IL boarder, looking for a mid 90s 252 w/502 (will consider 454 mercruiser) and trailer.
Had a deal on a '94, fell in love with the boat and the guy backed out and sold it to a friend...now I'm hooked and want that boat! Let me know what you got. Willing to drive a few hours for the right boat. Budget is 15-20k.
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:28 am
by Big Block Power
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:54 pm
by Big Block Power
All of the ones I could find are in Texas and have a 454 in them.
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 pm
by Big Block Power
A few more
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:45 pm
by thunder550
This guy has good taste!
BBP I stopped counting after I hit $25k invested despite the initial purchase price. Keeping this one for the long haul I think, not sure what I'd even do with a newer boat that this one doesn't already do.
ak...good luck with the search! If I see anything pop up I'll send it your way!

Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:23 pm
by akorcovelos
Thanks for the help all! Picked this up yesterday: '96 with 7.4L, Corsa exhaust and B3.
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:33 pm
by thunder550
Congrats, she's gorgeous! Welcome to the family

Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:02 pm
by Ytmsn
Welcome to the family ak! I'm digging your boat!
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:22 pm
by tgrace98
Nice find! Welcome to the candied red cobalt club

Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:42 pm
by akorcovelos
Thanks all, looking forward to sharing how we enjoy and improve her!
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:04 am
by cmattj
Congratulations! You don’t mess around when it comes to looking.... buying... water pictures !!
We may have to change this thread over to new members section.
You found a nice one and your in the right place for improvement ideas. ( is your PayPal set up ? Lol)
Get us the full captains report as we would loce to hear how she performs.
Even with that silly captains call ! Nice
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:31 am
by akorcovelos
I'm a gear head, the captains call was a must, lol. The dealer I bought it from put it on a dyno to confirm the engine output was withing original spec, replaced all wear items (bellows, shift cable, water pump impeller, gave me an ECM snap shot, all new braking system on the trailer from master to drums, new tires, etc.) They even replaced the bushings in the controls because they were worn out of spec.
The only issue I found is the steering cable seems to need lube as it is a bit sticky. Once you get it turning it's smooth, but the initial pressure to get it to turn is a bit jerky. It's probably the original 21 year old cable so I'll likely just replace it in the spring.
Other than that, I'll probably throw a set of smart tabs on it, put a nice sound system in, and maybe swap out the steering wheel for something a bit more modern. Also need to swap my Lowrance over from my old boat, then I can get some real numbers from the GPS. The dash speedo was showing 58mph at 5000 rpm, and I still had some trim, but it was busy and rough on the lake so I didn't want to push it too hard.
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:06 pm
by akorcovelos
The only regret here is being so weak willed and letting this zoo make me spend all my money on upgrades! :p
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:16 pm
by tgrace98
akorcovelos wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:06 pm
The only regret here is being so weak willed and letting this zoo make me spend all my money on upgrades! :p
they aren't upgrades. they are enhancements

Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:22 pm
by akorcovelos