Page 1 of 1

Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:38 pm
by cmattj
Sure I understand the movement of time for available daylight during the best part of the year. And maybe in some parts of the country it helps the outside work force be more productive.

Our Boating season here for us is also during this period from March to November. So that’s great too.

My question is “ How many of you does it take weeks to get adjusted?

It’s an endless Jet lag that I only seem to breakthrough toward December’s winter Soltice ( yes I celebrate the days getting longer) 8-)

I’m ok with the soft glowing low sun in the southern sky... And the leaves spitting to the ground ? And we love the Holidays!!!

But change the clock Back...and I’m a mess.

Re: Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:22 pm
by akorcovelos
I like the fall back change, extra hour of sleep. Spring forward, losing an hour is rough. Nothing like crossing multiple time zones messed up, just "damn, my alarm can't be right" messed up, lol.

Re: Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:32 am
by Ytmsn
I dont like it at all. I wish they would just leave it alone. The worst part (other than a messed up sleep cycle) is having to set the clock on the dash. All my vehicles are different and a pain to redo.

There. I feel better now..

Re: Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:17 am
by skno
Ytmsn wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:32 am I dont like it at all. I wish they would just leave it alone. The worst part (other than a messed up sleep cycle) is having to set the clock on the dash. All my vehicles are different and a pain to redo.

There. I feel better now..
x2 hate it !

Re: Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:34 am
by NautiGirl
I'm with ya Matt...it messes me up! I hate coming home from work and the sun going down and it feels like its 10pm at 6pm...I go into winter hibernation under my heated blanket on the couch.

Re: Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:26 am
by tgrace98
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:34 am I'm with ya Matt...it messes me up! I hate coming home from work and the sun going down and it feels like its 10pm at 6pm...I go into winter hibernation under my heated blanket on the couch.
I really hope this is Katie and not Jeff 😜

I hate it as well. I’ll leave for work in the dark and come home and it will be dark. And will be ready for bed at 8 o’clock at night.

I went to Vegas 2 weekends ago and my body clock is still off. I don’t know how I use to travel 40+ weeks a year and span multiple time zones and not get messed up.

Re: Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:53 pm
by Ytmsn
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:26 am
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:34 am I'm with ya Matt...it messes me up! I hate coming home from work and the sun going down and it feels like its 10pm at 6pm...I go into winter hibernation under my heated blanket on the couch.
I really hope this is Katie and not Jeff 😜

I hate it as well. I’ll leave for work in the dark and come home and it will be dark. And will be ready for bed at 8 o’clock at night.

I went to Vegas 2 weekends ago and my body clock is still off. I don’t know how I use to travel 40+ weeks a year and span multiple time zones and not get messed up.
Youth and enthusiasm is how you did it!

Re: Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:22 pm
by Driller
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:26 am
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:34 am I'm with ya Matt...it messes me up! I hate coming home from work and the sun going down and it feels like its 10pm at 6pm...I go into winter hibernation under my heated blanket on the couch.
I really hope this is Katie and not Jeff 😜

I hate it as well. I’ll leave for work in the dark and come home and it will be dark. And will be ready for bed at 8 o’clock at night.

I went to Vegas 2 weekends ago and my body clock is still off. I don’t know how I use to travel 40+ weeks a year and span multiple time zones and not get messed up.
I worked for a year rotational 2 weeks / 2 weeks flying back and forth to Norway. I was toast. My internal clock got so screwed up I didn't know what time is was. Never felt like morning, I just knew it was time to get up again. No way I would try that now 9 years later. I do ok traveling West, but East is always a pain.

Re: Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:28 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:34 am I'm with ya Matt...it messes me up! I hate coming home from work and the sun going down and it feels like its 10pm at 6pm...I go into winter hibernation under my heated blanket on the couch.
Jeff why can I see this happening.
I just hate going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.

Re: Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:12 pm
by Ytmsn
Driller wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:22 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:26 am
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:34 am I'm with ya Matt...it messes me up! I hate coming home from work and the sun going down and it feels like its 10pm at 6pm...I go into winter hibernation under my heated blanket on the couch.
I really hope this is Katie and not Jeff 😜

I hate it as well. I’ll leave for work in the dark and come home and it will be dark. And will be ready for bed at 8 o’clock at night.

I went to Vegas 2 weekends ago and my body clock is still off. I don’t know how I use to travel 40+ weeks a year and span multiple time zones and not get messed up.
I worked for a year rotational 2 weeks / 2 weeks flying back and forth to Norway. I was toast. My internal clock got so screwed up I didn't know what time is was. Never felt like morning, I just knew it was time to get up again. No way I would try that now 9 years later. I do ok traveling West, but East is always a pain.
Driller that had to be a pain. Nowdays flying east or west messes me up. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like flying to Oslo every two weeks. We have friends there we want to go visit soon, and it'll mess me up for weeks. I bet you walked around like a zombie!

Re: Daylight savings time ?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:59 pm
by cmattj
Y’all touched on it. It’s darkness that tells me “ Hey it’s been dark for 3 hours ...so time to go to sleep!”

Yep that’s about 830 pm if I’m lucky! So for me I’m up even earlier than my normal 430am. Sheesh I may just need a winter therapist . :shock: