Page 1 of 2

252 with a 502

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:58 pm
by cmattj
Use the words" Lake Tahoe " ,and the price goes up. Nice but spendy. Geeze why do people not post good pics for this kinda $$.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d ... 99950.html


.

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:26 pm
by Big Block Power
Rite. And I didn't right that cuddly ad either.

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:06 pm
by akorcovelos
I paid $20k for mine without the 502, or the swim platform. 252s are a sweet spot for family boaters that like performance and amenities, they hold value. I also bought in Lake Geneva, so same tax as Lake Tahoe.

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:22 pm
by cmattj
akorcovelos wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:06 pm I paid $20k for mine without the 502, or the swim platform. 252s are a sweet spot for family boaters that like performance and amenities, they hold value. I also bought in Lake Geneva, so same tax as Lake Tahoe.
I was only pointing out the lackluster ad on a 23 year old Boat. And tax is irevalant. My reason for posting it is that it is a 502 , and they are a unicorn. So of course it is worth the share with other members here.

As you know.

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 am
by akorcovelos
For sure. By Tax I just meant it's a wealthy area on a popular lake so these boats pull a premium they don't in other areas. When I was looking for 252 I saw a fair amount of 502 powered boats, but the vast majority were run hard and showed much more wear and abuse than the 454 powered equivalents. The unicorns are the clean, well maintained 502 boats, which unfortunately I wasn't able to find...

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm
by Big Block Power
Matt the only reavent unicorn 252 there would be one with a chopped 360 tower.

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:21 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm Matt the only reavent unicorn 252 there would be one with a chopped 360 tower.
Lol.. we were so close!

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:40 pm
by whitelightning
I had a 1995 252 with a 502 MPI, Bravo 3 spotted this summer and had him down to $17,000 even money with trailer but I couldn't pull the trigger, it wasn't near the boat WL is.

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:22 am
by akorcovelos
That's another issue I was running into. I found a couple 502 boats down by LOTO that looked to be in decent condition, but they wanted $25k+ without a trailer. After sourcing a trailer and transport I'd have been $30k in, not worth it. Honestly, I've owned 8 boats and never had an issue with a boat not coming with a trailer, is this a cobalt thing?

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:48 pm
by tgrace98
akorcovelos wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:22 am That's another issue I was running into. I found a couple 502 boats down by LOTO that looked to be in decent condition, but they wanted $25k+ without a trailer. After sourcing a trailer and transport I'd have been $30k in, not worth it. Honestly, I've owned 8 boats and never had an issue with a boat not coming with a trailer, is this a cobalt thing?
its a LOTO thing. Most people leave their boats moored on a lift all winter at LOTO. So they sell the trailer because it never gets used. Or buy it new without a trailer. Table Rock is quite similar. I bought my boat at LOTO and it stays on a lift all winter at Table Rock. So I didn't care that it didn't have a trailer. Because I would just be paying to store it. The marina I keep my boat at won't store a trailer and my condo complex wanted 180/month to store one. So even if I had one with my boat. I probably would of sold it.

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:50 pm
by cmattj
I bought mine off Beaver lake. And the thinking there is.....Trailers?? Why?? Just have the marina pick it up and winterize her and tuck it away. Then back to your lift in spring. It’s a way of life and as TG stated one less expense.

Me I loce having a trailer even though I only use it twice a year for cleaning, and for 4-5 months during the winter to rest her inside.

I think what bothers me is it’s so commonplace that when you see ads now you have to ask “ Does it have a trailer?” Due to half the ads don’t list it.

Why are some Cobalts 10k cheaper?? Usually has no trailer .

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:52 pm
by cmattj
Oh and for those wanting more pics of this 252 that was the thread starter.
The owner has added some pics to the ad. Much better!

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d ... 99950.html

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 pm
by tgrace98
cmattj wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:50 pm I bought mine off Beaver lake. And the thinking there is.....Trailers?? Why?? Just have the marina pick it up and winterize her and tuck it away. Then back to your lift in spring. It’s a way of life and as TG stated one less expense.

Me I loce having a trailer even though I only use it twice a year for cleaning, and for 4-5 months during the winter to rest her inside.

I think what bothers me is it’s so commonplace that when you see ads now you have to ask “ Does it have a trailer?” Due to half the ads don’t list it.

Why are some Cobalts 10k cheaper?? Usually has no trailer .

Bingo, where I keep my boat they are a Cobalt dealer and service shop, they will service it there right on the lift and winterize it. If the issue is to large to service on the slip they load it on a trailer and work on it in their shop.

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:18 pm
by thunder550
I missed the ad and now it's gone. What was the guy asking?

Re: 252 with a 502

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:44 pm
by cmattj
thunder550 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:18 pm I missed the ad and now it's gone. What was the guy asking?
Found the new link. 25k ..Give us your thoughts pal

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d ... 96086.html