Page 1 of 1
President Bush and boats.
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:46 am
by Big Block Power
Check this out. Pretty cool.
https://vimeo.com/304662429
Re: President Bush and boats.
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:30 am
by cmattj
Very cool ! Nice interview.
Re: President Bush and boats.
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:28 pm
by AsLan7
Thanks for posting BBP. Always knew our 41st President had an affinity for fast boats and Reggie was at the top of his game back then. Incredible machines.
GHW B was an amazing man. Watched much of the ceremony and was quite impressed with his legacy and the words of wisdom from the various speakers. Thought W did a really nice job as well honoring his dad’s memory.
.
Re: President Bush and boats.
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:28 am
by Stagdad
I ran across a video on youtube the other day about Don Aranow, godfather of go fast boats. it was about an hour long. G.H.W. Bush is interviewed in several segments discussing boats. I didn't know he helped Aranow get a contract to build drug interdiction / intercept boats back in the MIami Vice days. Blue Thunder was the brand.The video focuses mainly on Don's death but If you have the time or interest check it out. Sorry I don't have the link but it's pretty easy to find.
Re: President Bush and boats.
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:39 am
by AsLan7
Stagdad wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:28 am
I ran across a video on youtube the other day about Don Aranow, godfather of go fast boats. it was about an hour long. G.H.W. Bush is interviewed in several segments discussing boats. I didn't know he helped Aranow get a contract to build drug interdiction / intercept boats back in the MIami Vice days. Blue Thunder was the brand.The video focuses mainly on Don's death but If you have the time or interest check it out. Sorry I don't have the link but it's pretty easy to find.
Great book about that too, Sd. Not sure if the movie ever was made but remember talk about it.
.
Re: President Bush and boats.
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 pm
by Big Block Power
Yes stag Blue Thunder is a good read. We Actually have a driver where I work that was in some of those meetings in Miami. Hairy stuff. Apache well. Crazy Down there.