Page 1 of 1
Obsessive Compulsive disorder
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:18 am
by Ytmsn
I has it bad. I suspect we all do.
I pulled my cover one day last week to water my batteries and hook up my onboard charger. The boat is filthy and I had to fight down the extREME urgeto clean it from stem to stern.
Here it is a week later, and I continue to think about how bad my boat needs love..
Someone said there is a 12 step program to recovery. So I parked the boat a little closer to eliminate a few steps. That's what they mean, right?
Re: Obsessive Compulsive disorder
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:32 am
by AsLan7
Ytmsn wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:18 am
I has it bad. I suspect we all do.
I pulled my cover one day last week to water my batteries and hook up my onboard charger. The boat is filthy and I had to fight down the extREME urgeto clean it from stem to stern.
Here it is a week later, and I continue to think about how bad my boat needs love..
Someone said there is a 12 step program to recovery. So I parked the boat a little closer to eliminate a few steps. That's what they mean, right?
.
Yup...can totally relate, YT....My name is ___________ and I'm a Cobaltaholic.
I think we all have OCCDD-Obsessive Compulsive Cobalt Detailing Disorder
.
.
Re: Obsessive Compulsive disorder
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:34 am
by akorcovelos
Funny because I made an appointment for first week of April to have a full detail, including bilge, engine, all compartments, and trailer last night, lol. I was on the couch like "the bilge was pretty dirty when I winterized, I should get it cleaned in the spring".
Re: Obsessive Compulsive disorder
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:37 pm
by nolaboater99
Totally understand. We used our boat Thanksgiving weekend and I had to put it away without cleaning it as much as I would have liked. Tomorrow's forecast is for 71* so I'm planning to vacuum up leaves and acorns in the morning and then pull the boat out, clean it, run the engine, etc. I'll then cover it up and put it away.
Shawn