Which is Worse?
-
sailor55330
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1268
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm
- Contact:
Which is Worse?
WIth Christmas upon us, I always find myself in a dilemma. I kind of like to give gifts, but I absolutely hate to shop and wrap. So, which is worse for you....wrapping or shopping? (we all know paying sucks).
Yes, I'm summer activity person trapped in a cold land who's mind runs amuck......
Yes, I'm summer activity person trapped in a cold land who's mind runs amuck......
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Which is Worse?
Loce shopping
....wrapping not so much. 
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- thunder550
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Which is Worse?
Wrapping...if there's a definition of a non-value add activity, this is it. Let me go spend money on some fancy paper, cut it up, tape it to a box (making the box harder to open, which is the ultimate goal), then rip up the fancy paper that I just paid for, make a mess that needs to be cleaned up, and then put the fancy paper in the trash. All in the name of disguising something from the person that it is intended to be given to 
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Which is Worse?
thunder550 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:20 pm Wrapping...if there's a definition of a non-value add activity, this is it. Let me go spend money on some fancy paper, cut it up, tape it to a box (making the box harder to open, which is the ultimate goal), then rip up the fancy paper that I just paid for, make a mess that needs to be cleaned up, and then put the fancy paper in the trash. All in the name of disguising something from the person that it is intended to be given to![]()
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: Which is Worse?
Wrapping for sure. I pretty much buy everything online now so I got all my shopping done at work this year lol. I asked my wife for this. Think Santa will deliver?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Which is Worse?
Hey, I just saw that on the Cobaltboats.com picture gallery site. Someone will have a Christmas to remember with that gift tg98.tgrace98 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:56 pm Wrapping for sure. I pretty much buy everything online now so I got all my shopping done at work this year lol. I asked my wife for this. Think Santa will deliver?
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Which is Worse?
GD and I are going shopping tomorrow for great grandma. Shipping is always fun. Mostly online this year. I get more fun out of making sure my wife doesn't see what the brown truck brings us. Or me. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Which is Worse?
I’ve got it licked folks.
I’m not a shopping lover, in fact, I’d rather have a root canal than shop at the mall..
..so I now shop on my iPad and let FedEx bring the packages. Then, I nicely ask my son to wrap them ..
What a kid!
It seems like I’m doing more and more on line, and less at the malls.
I’m not a shopping lover, in fact, I’d rather have a root canal than shop at the mall..
It seems like I’m doing more and more on line, and less at the malls.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: Which is Worse?
Bought all my Christmas presents on Amazon on cyber monday, and checked the 'gift wrap' box, done! It even pre-populates a heartless generic gift tag so I don't have to write anything. Winning!
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Re: Which is Worse?
akorcovelos wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:37 pm Bought all my Christmas presents on Amazon on cyber monday, and checked the 'gift wrap' box, done! It even pre-populates a heartless generic gift tag so I don't have to write anything. Winning!
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: Which is Worse?
I’m with you as this was the first year everything was done online. I feel naughtyTuscany wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:32 pm I’ve got it licked folks.
I’m not a shopping lover, in fact, I’d rather have a root canal than shop at the mall....so I now shop on my iPad and let FedEx bring the packages. Then, I nicely ask my son to wrap them ..
What a kid!
It seems like I’m doing more and more on line, and less at the malls.
Christmas bags and Foo Foo tissue paper are half of them. Yeah I like wrapping. Lol
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Re: Which is Worse?
Ever stepped foot in a store this year either. The hardest part was what to get for everyone. Thanks to our Cobalt tour, lots are getting Cobalt and Cobalt Chat Gear!cmattj wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:15 pmI’m with you as this was the first year everything was done online. I feel naughtyTuscany wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:32 pm I’ve got it licked folks.
I’m not a shopping lover, in fact, I’d rather have a root canal than shop at the mall....so I now shop on my iPad and let FedEx bring the packages. Then, I nicely ask my son to wrap them ..
What a kid!
It seems like I’m doing more and more on line, and less at the malls.
Christmas bags and Foo Foo tissue paper are half of them. Yeah I like wrapping. Lol
2007 212 5.0 GXi DP Volvo Penta
Tubing, Skiing, and all around boating fun!
Texas Sun & Fun!
2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
Tubing, Skiing, and all around boating fun!
Texas Sun & Fun!
2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
Re: Which is Worse?
I'm with you Thunder. When I was young and broke I wrapped everything in newspaper cartoons. And believe it or not I hate being in a crowd unless I have a microphone in my hand selling something...
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Which is Worse?
Well since I am the only girl on the site it's no shocker I'm the only one who loces wrapping! As a former Hallmark girl in my younger days I can wrap like a Boss! It might be my OCD but I love a perfectly wrapped box with clean edges and all the curling ribbon!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Re: Which is Worse?
Then Mr Nauti rips the paper with all disregard of the process.NautiGirl wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:06 am Well since I am the only girl on the site it's no shocker I'm the only one who loces wrapping! As a former Hallmark girl in my younger days I can wrap like a Boss! It might be my OCD but I love a perfectly wrapped box with clean edges and all the curling ribbon!
How does this make you feel? Lol
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests

