2005 262
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
2005 262
Not mine - and don't know the seller or the boat - but it is in our backyard.
Buddy of mine stumbled upon this listing - too big for him, but it looks like a nice clean low hour 262 that ticks a lot of boxes. 496 Mag and a platform.
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/d ... 20778.html
Buddy of mine stumbled upon this listing - too big for him, but it looks like a nice clean low hour 262 that ticks a lot of boxes. 496 Mag and a platform.
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/d ... 20778.html
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Re: 2005 262
Nice to see that in 2005 someone said “ I’d like to get the 425hp Upgrade please”
Ahhhh definitely DP worthy
Ahhhh definitely DP worthy
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: 2005 262
I guess D'ing the P's is a thing now?cmattj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:17 pm Nice to see that in 2005 someone said “ I’d like to get the 425hp Upgrade please”
Ahhhh definitely DP worthy
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Re: 2005 262
Ding the peas? Only with 240 fire breathing ponies. Sorry, but it's too good to let go. Innerweb weirdness I guessakorcovelos wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:40 pmI guess D'ing the P's is a thing now?cmattj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:17 pm Nice to see that in 2005 someone said “ I’d like to get the 425hp Upgrade please”
Ahhhh definitely DP worthy![]()
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Re: 2005 262
Yeah sometimes you get handed a gift that requires enjoyment . I’m sure it will run it’s course.. or stick around for those special times! Lol.Ytmsn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:40 pmDing the peas? Only with 240 fire breathing ponies. Sorry, but it's too good to let go. Innerweb weirdness I guessakorcovelos wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:40 pmI guess D'ing the P's is a thing now?cmattj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:17 pm Nice to see that in 2005 someone said “ I’d like to get the 425hp Upgrade please”
Ahhhh definitely DP worthy![]()
.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: 2005 262
.
Matt, you crack me up brutha. Great episode.
As far as that 262 goes, at a cursory glance, I see....
the good - 425 hp w/ possible CC plus the extra extended swim platform....
the bad - some ripped vinyl which can be difficult to replace; no rear filler cushions; no transom trim remote.
the ugly- who did those transom speakers.
.
.
Matt, you crack me up brutha. Great episode.
As far as that 262 goes, at a cursory glance, I see....
the good - 425 hp w/ possible CC plus the extra extended swim platform....
the bad - some ripped vinyl which can be difficult to replace; no rear filler cushions; no transom trim remote.
the ugly- who did those transom speakers.
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
-
Dropped Anchor
- Captain

- Posts: 201
- Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
- Contact:
Re: 2005 262
The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
2019 CS22
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
Re: 2005 262
It makes sense on larger boats because it gets people to spread out. If everyone sits on one side of the boat the boat will lean one way or another. Trim tabs fix this dilemma but nice to not use them if you don’t have to.Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
That being said a lot of builders did it as well because you are stepping over the motor instead of stealing motor compartment space.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: 2005 262
Beat me to it. I love our side pass through, but it does mean the majority of the passengers and weight are on the starboard side with only the driver to balance it out, not a huge deal but noticeable.tgrace98 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:36 pmIt makes sense on larger boats because it gets people to spread out. If everyone sits on one side of the boat the boat will lean one way or another. Trim tabs fix this dilemma but nice to not use them if you don’t have to.Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
That being said a lot of builders did it as well because you are stepping over the motor instead of stealing motor compartment space.
Side pass through is super nice when docked or tied up next to another boat though, I wouldnt switch to center, and actually the side pass through is once of the reasons we went 222 over 220. Oh and the 6.2L V8. That too.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: 2005 262
.Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
It works very well for us DA as I've had up to 14 on our boat. At times I will close the walk thru off with the rear filler cushions to accommodate larger groups. It's one of the reasons we never bought a newer model since Cobalt went to side entry and also eliminated some of the storage and/or seating in the bow with their newer configurations.
And as team Nauti mentioned, the load is balanced nicely with horseshoe seating....especially with quite a few folks on board.
...and no, we aren't into the DP thing while boating....unless you mean diving people.
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
-
Dropped Anchor
- Captain

- Posts: 201
- Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
- Contact:
Re: 2005 262
That makes sense! I was mainly thinking about docking and loading and unloading so that is why I felt it would be awkward and lead to everyone just stepping on the seats vs using the walk through. But after you explained it, that makes sense.tgrace98 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:36 pmIt makes sense on larger boats because it gets people to spread out. If everyone sits on one side of the boat the boat will lean one way or another. Trim tabs fix this dilemma but nice to not use them if you don’t have to.Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
That being said a lot of builders did it as well because you are stepping over the motor instead of stealing motor compartment space.
2019 CS22
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
-
Dropped Anchor
- Captain

- Posts: 201
- Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
- Contact:
Re: 2005 262
Awesome pic and beautiful boat!AsLan7 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm.Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
It works very well for us DA as I've had up to 14 on our boat. At times I will close the walk thru off with the rear filler cushions to accommodate larger groups. It's one of the reasons we never bought a newer model since Cobalt went to side entry and also eliminated some of the storage and/or seating in the bow with their newer configurations.
And as team Nauti mentioned, the load is balanced nicely with horseshoe seating....especially with quite a few folks on board.![]()
...and no, we aren't into the DP thing while boating....unless you mean diving people.
.
2019 CS22
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: 2005 262
.Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:32 pmAwesome pic and beautiful boat!AsLan7 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm.Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
It works very well for us DA as I've had up to 14 on our boat. At times I will close the walk thru off with the rear filler cushions to accommodate larger groups. It's one of the reasons we never bought a newer model since Cobalt went to side entry and also eliminated some of the storage and/or seating in the bow with their newer configurations.
And as team Nauti mentioned, the load is balanced nicely with horseshoe seating....especially with quite a few folks on board.![]()
...and no, we aren't into the DP thing while boating....unless you mean diving people.
.
thanx brutha. And here is one of my faves from last year....
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: 2005 262
Yep that is the one down side. When I had a 262 it had the center walk through. And with my slip being 12ft wide it was a bit of a step with the boat still on the lift. So people wouldn’t board via the swim platform. They would step on the rear sun pad and eventually it started cracking.Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:30 pmThat makes sense! I was mainly thinking about docking and loading and unloading so that is why I felt it would be awkward and lead to everyone just stepping on the seats vs using the walk through. But after you explained it, that makes sense.tgrace98 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:36 pmIt makes sense on larger boats because it gets people to spread out. If everyone sits on one side of the boat the boat will lean one way or another. Trim tabs fix this dilemma but nice to not use them if you don’t have to.Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
That being said a lot of builders did it as well because you are stepping over the motor instead of stealing motor compartment space.
My R7 has the starboard side entry like all new cobalts. I no longer have people stepping on the seats when entering the boat. But I now find myself playing with the trim tabs a little more than I did on my 262. Due to the uneven weight.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: 2005 262
Tgrace.. who are these people that used your sun pads as entry?? We will need to visit their boats.... with shoes.... and fancy box wine that drips.!!
Freeboard and engine height will always dictate Boat entry. I like them all as climbing pads and stepping on seats is what I did on my past Boats.
And here we are now..
Freeboard and engine height will always dictate Boat entry. I like them all as climbing pads and stepping on seats is what I did on my past Boats.
And here we are now..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests
