Page 1 of 1

Saturday Ride

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:44 pm
by Ytmsn
I only got 2 pictures from my dual sport ride this weekend, and wasn't even sure it would happen at all. It rained every day this week. I was Jonesing for a ride so I got in about 60 miles, but it was all muddy roads. I'd rather be riding single track!

Here is my bike before the ride. I had sprayed it with silicone water repellent before and it helped keep the mud off. in the middle after a really nasty section.
20190504_102020-3024x2268.jpg
And here we are after a really nasty section. Fun times!
20190504_114628-3024x2268.jpg

Re: Saturday Ride

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:50 pm
by AsLan7
.
You’re my hero YT!

Now go get the hose. :D

.

Re: Saturday Ride

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:53 pm
by Ytmsn
Ha! Thanks A7! And its already clean and back in its spot.

Re: Saturday Ride

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:14 pm
by AsLan7
Ytmsn wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:53 pm Ha! Thanks A7! And its already clean and back in its spot.
I knew you couldn’t leave it that way for long. :lol:

Still, very cool mud ride. 👌🏻

Any close calls?🤔

.

Re: Saturday Ride

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:44 pm
by Ytmsn
No, not for me. I was on the lightest bike in the group so I had an advantage. But some of the other went down a few times! It was pretty fun! Slimey but fun.

Re: Saturday Ride

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:16 am
by liquid
I haven't ridden in years. Mrs. Liquid is very nervous around bikes... surprisingly wants a quad though.

Re: Saturday Ride

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 pm
by Jeeper
Nice looking KTM. I used to ride a Honda CRF 450 X with a street legal kit on it. I broke a few bones on it so I sold it. Occasionally I find myself looking for a plated KTM. I have a couple of friends that ride them and say that’s the way to go.

Re: Saturday Ride

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:37 am
by Ytmsn
Jeeper wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 pm Nice looking KTM. I used to ride a Honda CRF 450 X with a street legal kit on it. I broke a few bones on it so I sold it. Occasionally I find myself looking for a plated KTM. I have a couple of friends that ride them and say that’s the way to go.
Thanks Jeeper! My 350 is sooo easy to putt around on, but twist it up and it'll breath fire at 9,000 rpms and make 53 hp. Not bad for a 230 lb. bike.

I started plating my dirt bikes several years ago to link trails in Colorado, but it's just a dirt bike with a tag, so its quasi legal. If you are thinking of getting back into it take a hard look at the completely street legal KTM EXC models, or a 690 R. (My next bike)