Page 1 of 2

What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:35 am
by Big Block Power
So we all get goofy ads on the chat.
So I think they are tellng me I need a new ride with a new and improved 240๐Ÿ˜‚
I hope they don't charge me for Dreamsicle gel!

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:07 am
by jhnmdahl
That blue upholstery does stand out.

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 am
by cmattj
Well if you stop searching for new R3 dreamsicles with a merc 430 and CC for 54k and under ...it may disappear. Haha

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:42 pm
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 am Well if you stop searching for new R3 dreamsicles with a merc 430 and CC for 54k and under ...it may disappear. Haha
Maybe in 10 years it might pop up at that price. Lol
Maybe I need to look harder. I'll change my color option. I might find one.

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:44 pm
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 am Well if you stop searching for new R3 dreamsicles with a merc 430 and CC for 54k and under ...it may disappear. Haha
I was looking at cc today. Found a smoking deal on quick and quiet though. But sure that will go over very well though. Really prefer captains call or plus.

Corsa exhaust installation thread Hijack

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:44 pm
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 am Well if you stop searching for new R3 dreamsicles with a merc 430 and CC for 54k and under ...it may disappear. Haha
I was looking at cc today. Found a smoking deal on quick and quiet though. But sure that will go over very well though. Really prefer captains call or plus.
If itโ€™s a good deal maybe get the standard tips with just the reversion flap and external rubber flap. That plus muffler could be sold off.

Re: Corsa exhaust installation thread Hijack

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:52 pm
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:44 pm
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 am Well if you stop searching for new R3 dreamsicles with a merc 430 and CC for 54k and under ...it may disappear. Haha
I was looking at cc today. Found a smoking deal on quick and quiet though. But sure that will go over very well though. Really prefer captains call or plus.
If itโ€™s a good deal maybe get the standard tips with just the reversion flap and external rubber flap. That plus muffler could be sold off.
Your a dandy. I loce it!!!
My Donzi had full time open exhaust. I don't want that on this boat. Yes I would be drilling more holes. Quick and quiet is full time out the back on start up and as you get going it goes down to the prop. To me sounds like that's defeating the purpose of open exhaust.

Re: Corsa exhaust !! Letโ€™s do it!!

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:04 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:52 pm
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:44 pm

I was looking at cc today. Found a smoking deal on quick and quiet though. But sure that will go over very well though. Really prefer captains call or plus.
If itโ€™s a good deal maybe get the standard tips with just the reversion flap and external rubber flap. That plus muffler could be sold off.
Your a dandy. I loce it!!!
My Donzi had full time open exhaust. I don't want that on this boat. Yes I would be drilling more holes. Quick and quiet is full time out the back on start up and as you get going it goes down to the prop. To me sounds like that's defeating the purpose of open exhaust.
I was just referring to the transom tips. One version that your looking at is muffled. You can get tips that arenโ€™t if you want it louder ๐Ÿ˜Ž. It still diverts through the Y- pipe with the solenoids closed. You get a switch !!!!!!
This is exciting ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:51 pm
by Big Block Power
You need more popcorn bud. Yes I'm messaging the guy. Lol. Your flying in with your hole saw. โœˆ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘€

Drilling holes in someone elseโ€™s Boat is easy!

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:38 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:51 pm You need more popcorn bud. Yes I'm messaging the guy. Lol. Your flying in with your hole saw. โœˆ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘€
Iโ€™m there buddy :lol:

Re: Corsa exhaust !! Letโ€™s do it!!

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:55 am
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:04 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:52 pm
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 pm

If itโ€™s a good deal maybe get the standard tips with just the reversion flap and external rubber flap. That plus muffler could be sold off.
Your a dandy. I loce it!!!
My Donzi had full time open exhaust. I don't want that on this boat. Yes I would be drilling more holes. Quick and quiet is full time out the back on start up and as you get going it goes down to the prop. To me sounds like that's defeating the purpose of open exhaust.
I was just referring to the transom tips. One version that your looking at is muffled. You can get tips that arenโ€™t if you want it louder ๐Ÿ˜Ž. It still diverts through the Y- pipe with the solenoids closed. You get a switch !!!!!!
This is exciting ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ
Ok double checked it has the switchable diverter. Not sure I want the mufflers in the kit. I think those are the same I had on my Donzi. Still sounded nice. It comes with all of the wiring. Mine should be pre-wired. I might have to make a run over to lastgrt1 house to start measuring. If my wife is going to kill me on the stereo I guess I should make sure she can't hear it over the engine. Right? ๐Ÿ˜‚

"Wanted" 4 inch hole saw with centering bit.

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:26 am
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:55 am
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:04 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Your a dandy. I loce it!!!
My Donzi had full time open exhaust. I don't want that on this boat. Yes I would be drilling more holes. Quick and quiet is full time out the back on start up and as you get going it goes down to the prop. To me sounds like that's defeating the purpose of open exhaust.
I was just referring to the transom tips. One version that your looking at is muffled. You can get tips that arenโ€™t if you want it louder ๐Ÿ˜Ž. It still diverts through the Y- pipe with the solenoids closed. You get a switch !!!!!!
This is exciting ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ
Ok double checked it has the switchable diverter. Not sure I want the mufflers in the kit. I think those are the same I had on my Donzi. Still sounded nice. It comes with all of the wiring. Mine should be pre-wired. I might have to make a run over to lastgrt1 house to start measuring. If my wife is going to kill me on the stereo I guess I should make sure she can't hear it over the engine. Right? ๐Ÿ˜‚
Right! Yes the Corsa Mufflers are actually big $$ so I would imagine you could sell them and get standard tips (LOUD IS BETTER). Plus since im drilling holes I wont have to be as precise as the flange will hide my possible whoopsie in my circle . :shock:

The tips on the left and right are muffled. The one in the center is not and secures transom side. You can always change them later though.

Re: "Wanted" 4 inch hole saw with centering bit.

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 am
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:26 am
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:55 am
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:04 pm

I was just referring to the transom tips. One version that your looking at is muffled. You can get tips that arenโ€™t if you want it louder ๐Ÿ˜Ž. It still diverts through the Y- pipe with the solenoids closed. You get a switch !!!!!!
This is exciting ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ
Ok double checked it has the switchable diverter. Not sure I want the mufflers in the kit. I think those are the same I had on my Donzi. Still sounded nice. It comes with all of the wiring. Mine should be pre-wired. I might have to make a run over to lastgrt1 house to start measuring. If my wife is going to kill me on the stereo I guess I should make sure she can't hear it over the engine. Right? ๐Ÿ˜‚
Right! Yes the Corsa Mufflers are actually big $$ so I would imagine you could sell them and get standard tips (LOUD IS BETTER). Plus since im drilling holes I wont have to be as precise as the flange will hide my possible whoopsie in my circle . :shock:

The tips on the left and right are muffled. The one in the center is not and secures transom side. You can always change them later though.
Exactly. But the mounting through bolts are more of a pain too. So many decisions. Cc or chart plotter? Or nether. Lol
The guy is willing to deal more so that's better.

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:44 pm
by Big Block Power
Matt I missed that last title change to now. Lol
So looking at my engine and this kit I'm looking at I don't think it will work. They are straight back diverters. I think I would need a offset. The engine is wider then the hull Indent. So I think this might be off the table now.

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm
by BobRae99
I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!