Page 1 of 1
1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:21 am
by jakes32guitar
Hello, first post, I have recently bought a very well cared for older cobalt(1993 198) and it did not come with a bimini top. I have been watching the classifieds as well as ebay and craigslist for an OEM one but if I am unable to find one what is my next best option?
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:50 am
by AsLan7
jakes32guitar wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:21 am
Hello, first post, I have recently bought a very well cared for older cobalt(1993 198) and it did not come with a bimini top. I have been watching the classifieds as well as ebay and craigslist for an OEM one but if I am unable to find one what is my next best option?
.
Helloooo j32g. Welcome to the Cobalt chat forum. So glad you found us!
Big block power is one of our resident experts who has an uncanny ability to locate Cobalt parts. He’ll chime in shortly.
Any pics of your 198?
Again, welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 am
by jakes32guitar
58443025_2290846674508648_3175427565707853824_n.jpg
Hopefully it shows up, only pic I have currently but I'm sure many more will come! I've only had it on the lake once and was too excited about enjoying it to take any photos. I think I will take the Hydrofoil off for next time as I don't care for them but otherwise the boat was amazing and can tell the quality of Cobalts over other brands I have owned.
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:25 am
by AsLan7
.
Well that’s a great pic!
Yes, hydrofoils on the outdrive are normally only needed if your boat is underpowered. Cobalt boats have a reputation for having plenty of power.
So let’s see that engine when you get a chance.
(can u tell we are addicted to pictures here).
.
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:37 am
by akorcovelos
Welcome aboard! Boat is beautiful, but get rid of that roller trailer.
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:27 pm
by Big Block Power
Honestly see your local upholstery shop. Or call baldmikes.Com he can hook you up.
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:48 am
by jakes32guitar
Does anyone know from experience what I should expect to pay for a canvas shop to build one? I got a quote locally and just want to see if it is on par or way off, at a glance its much more expensive than a Carver online order but I do not want something that I will regret every time we use it.
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:36 pm
by Big Block Power
No clue 700 bucks
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm
by jakes32guitar
yeah the place that quoted me wanted $1300 for an aluminum 6 foot, I will probably just order one online since time is a bit of a factor. Anyone have experience with Carver brand?
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:44 pm
by Big Block Power
Yecks. Did you call bald mike? Im not sure how much of this he's still doing though.
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:57 pm
by jakes32guitar
I did talk to them, they said they can do a Carver top just have to take some measurements and they can get me a price.
Re: 1993 198 Bimini Top
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:13 pm
by bkoppavon
Hello,
Just received Bimini top order for our 198, believe it or not, from Walmart. Exact item can also be also be found on Amazon.
Did not want to drill holes to mount so found pole clamp adapters that fit into existing cover side mounts, then simply used a bolt for rear on existing metal loop, and clip on front cleat.
Bimini top cost around $180 tax incl plus free shipping.
3D7F2167-7585-4CE4-A7BF-D72C4FFFFAA9.jpeg
EFBD590A-AFE1-4640-93F7-F55B57BB5CD3.jpeg
FCD86321-3BAC-41B9-B3C1-E42A66428E2A.jpeg
20EBC52B-9198-44B1-B6E3-3AA1A303D2B7.jpeg