I have a 2010 Cobalt 262,and have a low-clearance bridge near us, and also would like to keep bimini on boat while in the lift.
Is there any way that my bimini could be lowered easily to about 1/2 way down to provide clearance to lift and low bridge ,WITHOUT having to take the entire bimini down?
Our old Crownline had push-buttons on the frame that would allow us to lower the bimini without having to take it all the way down,which made it very easy to do!
Thanks for your help!!!
Huck
Bimini frame fold-down
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Bimini frame fold-down
I would think you could buy smaller support arms and add quick release tabs on the hull.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Dudley67
- Captain

- Posts: 426
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:09 pm
- Location: Neely Henry Lake, Alabama
- Contact:
Re: Bimini frame fold-down
Cobalt sold shorty rear bimini support poles, check with your local Cobalt dealer. Explain you need the "trailer" rear support bimini poles. That is the term I used when I bought some for my past 07 252...
Current:
2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”
1975 18TH
“7t5”
Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”
1975 18TH
“7t5”
Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
- Dudley67
- Captain

- Posts: 426
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:09 pm
- Location: Neely Henry Lake, Alabama
- Contact:
Re: Bimini frame fold-down
Current:
2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”
1975 18TH
“7t5”
Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”
1975 18TH
“7t5”
Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: Bimini frame fold-down
I think he’s looking for telescoping support poles that let you choose between two positions. I have a low bridge to clear as well, I’d be interested in an option like that as well.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
- Dudley67
- Captain

- Posts: 426
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:09 pm
- Location: Neely Henry Lake, Alabama
- Contact:
Re: Bimini frame fold-down
Ahhh, interesting did not know about that option as well....akorcovelos wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:57 am I think he’s looking for telescoping support poles that let you choose between two positions. I have a low bridge to clear as well, I’d be interested in an option like that as well.
Current:
2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”
1975 18TH
“7t5”
Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
2016 Marker One ML4
“Looney toon”
1975 18TH
“7t5”
Past:
2001 226
1989 19BR
2007 252
1992 222 Condurre
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests
