Page 1 of 1

R30 vs 296

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:31 pm
by boat6
Hey Guys, new to cobalt but not to boating. Looking to get a slightly used R30 twin or 296 twin. For the most part are the only differences between the two models the seating configuration and hydraulic swim platform? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: R30 vs 296

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:18 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hey B6. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Not too many 30’ owners here. We’ll see if any chime in.

Where and how will you be using your boat?

Again, welcome aboard mate!

.

Re: R30 vs 296

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:50 am
by boat6
Thanks for the reply. Northern Wisconsin will be its home. Family boat primarily for cruising.

Re: R30 vs 296

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:01 am
by Big Block Power
boat6 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:50 am Thanks for the reply. Northern Wisconsin will be its home. Family boat primarily for cruising.
So I'm guessing Door County?
I guess Which one do you like better. As long as it fits your needs and had twin bb is all good.
I'm not sure if I'm sold on the hydraulic platform. It's cool but when it breaks its going to be costly.

Oh and welcome 😎

Re: R30 vs 296

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:59 am
by boat6
Yes, door County. Thanks for the advice. I can go either way on the swim platform. Definite not a deal breaker.
Thanks

Re: R30 vs 296

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:28 am
by Big Block Power
I take it your going through the Beacon?
They have a used A28. Sweet ride. They have a new 2016 A40 I bet you could steal from them.
Are you looking at used r30 vs used of course 296.
The r30 is much more updated and refined to me. Trs23 just bought one with twin 300s or 350s I think and loves it.