Page 1 of 1
New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:30 pm
by michgir
Greetings! My wife and I just picked up a new to us 2006 250. It's our first boat but her family were avid boaters. We purchased it from a family who had it in a lake in Texas and then a few months in New Jersey.
We're excited to learn the Potomac, Chesapeake and hang-out at Lake Anna.
SIDE NOTE: If anyone has an older 250 similar to ours, I'd love to see a few pics of your under seat storage area for rear bench seat, to see how all the poles are supposed to be stored. We have the tower with bimini.
Also, I cannot for life of me, figure out how to collapse the forward bimini bars in toward the tower to get the boot on. If any ideas, would appreciate the help. There's a screw at the joint of the small support bar. Maybe I'm supposed to loosen that screw so it will collapse? It just won't collapse.
Any way! We'll be hitting the waters this weekend for first time. Glad too find this community!
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:51 pm
by ajcampen
Great boat and welcome from Ohio. Sliderule will have a lot of answers for you
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:12 pm
by jhnmdahl
Mich, welcome to the forum! Looks like you have a slip - are you in one of the ones south of the Pentagon near Alexandria?
BTW, if you don't have the manual for your boat, you can download a PDF from Cobalt at:
https://cobaltboats.com/art/manuals/2006_250_OM.pdf
There's not a ton of info on the bimini unfortunately, but it is discussed briefly on p. 3-35.
John
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:46 pm
by Bobo87
Howdy micgar and welcome aboard!
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:01 pm
by Big Block Power
Nice ride. Congrats. Can't wait for pictures.
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:54 pm
by cmattj
Welcome from California! Very nice looking and what a fun .... nervous... exciting adventure your about to embark on. Congratulations!!
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:17 am
by AsLan7
.
Hey michgir welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!
That’s one of my favorite color combos. ‘Merica.
Others will chime in on your Bimini challenge.
Any engine pics?
Again, welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:06 am
by jhnmdahl
I'll be out there on September 20-22; could perhaps swing by and see if it works similar to mine. The bimini, that is, not the boat
John
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:36 pm
by ATX Cobalt
Welcome from Texas, great color combo!
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:50 am
by Ytmsn
Welcome from Oklahoma! Great looking boat and glad to have you onboard.
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 pm
by slideruleracer
Sorry, I've been so swamped that I've barely logged in in the last month. You've got a tower, which I don't have, so I'm not sure I can help much with your bimini questions. I will take a picture of my bench storage when I go up next to see my boat. I haven't used it in over a month, though, sadly. Back to school + Ironman training = NO TIME. Great boat! We LOCE our 250. Check out my build thread for more details!
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:32 am
by Krob1114
Cobaltchat.com is getting like college basketball.
One and done.
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:38 am
by kas232ca
Krob1114 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:32 am
Cobaltchat.com is getting like college basketball.
One and done.
Maybe he is still working on the bimini.
Re: New Member Washington, DC
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:05 am
by Teamstarr2018
Nice boat! I have the same tower and it does not collapse. You can take it apart at th joint on the rear down tube by drilling out the welded in pins. It’s quite a job and it’s heavy when lowering. I did it once... not again though. Got the plans drawn up for a shop to store it in. Just keeping it cleaned, waxed and covered for now. Welcome!