Page 1 of 1

Deal or No Deal?

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:01 pm
by mo2872
Hi, new to the site, and to Cobalt......so the title says it all!

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/d/owas ... 60344.html

Deal or no deal?? Looks to be in great shape for 23 years old.

Thanks!

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:13 pm
by TruckerTim
Welcome! It does look sharp in the limited pics. I'm not the motor head but many others on here are and will chime in. My concern would be the staining on the hull. Yes, it will come off with some good cleaner and elbow grease, but I wonder how well it was maintained over the years if they didn't bother to clean the hull before posting it for sale. Original owner? Maintenance records??

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:38 pm
by mo2872
Thanks, Tim.

It was for sale earlier in the year for 25k if I recall, so he's come down. In contact with him then, I think he said he was the 3rd owner. It sits on a lift during the summer, so maybe it doesn't quite get it all the way out of the water......dunno, I'll have to ask if I call on it again. IIRC, also, engine and bay/bilge area were very clean from shots he sent me then.

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:21 pm
by Big Block Power
Yea I think I saw it for sale all summer long. But sure why it has a triple axle trailer? Sounds like typical oeuvre I think. Maybe a bit high yet. The 252 will come in. It's not my wheel house.

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:41 am
by AsLan7
.
Hey MO2872. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Not a bad 252. You should be able to get a great deal this time of year. If you purchase, post an engine pic. :D

An ECU scan is worth it from a marine tech. A survey is even better.

Again welcome aboard mate!

.

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:37 am
by mo2872
Thanks, Admiral.

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:26 am
by akorcovelos
Twin to mine, sounds like a good deal with that trailer. Does it have the bow filler cushion? Captains call? The wood trim looks great, most 252s of this vintage it’s faded around the edges. Is the head clean? Pump out or port potty? Need more interior pics and engine pics!

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:43 am
by Big Block Power
akorcovelos wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:26 am Twin to mine, sounds like a good deal with that trailer. Does it have the bow filler cushion? Captains call? The wood trim looks great, most 252s of this vintage it’s faded around the edges. Is the head clean? Pump out or port potty? Need more interior pics and engine pics!
2 weeks later thanks liquid πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:34 pm
by mo2872
Posting deleted, so he either sold, or pulled off market. No worries, and thanks for all the input.