Page 1 of 2
Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:07 am
by NautiGirl
I am still having a bit of a hard time talking about it or admitting it, but this year is a big birthday for TeamNauti - I officially turn 40.
I am trying to figure out a fun weekend trip to celebrate, but am having a hard time deciding what sounds fun. I can't believe I am doing this, but I am going to turn to our friends at CobaltChat for suggestions. Here are the ground rules:
1) The detestation cannot be within 150 miles of Neenah Wi.
2) Mrs. Nauti gets to come so the destination has to be somewhere she can at least tolerate for a weekend.
3) Southwest has to fly to our destination - we have some flight credits that expire that I want to use.
4) Trip will be late June so while Austin Tx or New Orleans both sound fun the amount of sweating I would be doing does not.
5) No to Vegas - I have been a couple times - that's enough.
6) Perhaps the most challenging of all for you guys it doesn't really have to involve boating.
That's about it, other than those 6 things pretty open to suggestions. I was tossing around a cheap flight to Baltimore then a train ride to DC. San Fran or San Diego were also mentioned but those may be a bit more of a trip than I want to take. Really though still up in the air on the entire thing. I am sure this group will come up /w some amazing ideas. Lets hear them.
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:46 am
by cmattj
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:07 am
I am still having a bit of a hard time talking about it or admitting it, but this year is a big birthday for TeamNauti - I officially turn 40.
I am trying to figure out a fun weekend trip to celebrate, but am having a hard time deciding what sounds fun. I can't believe I am doing this, but I am going to turn to our friends at CobaltChat for suggestions. Here are the ground rules:
1) The detestation cannot be within 150 miles of Neenah Wi.
2) Mrs. Nauti gets to come so the destination has to be somewhere she can at least tolerate for a weekend.
3) Southwest has to fly to our destination - we have some flight credits that expire that I want to use.
4) Trip will be late June so while Austin Tx or New Orleans both sound fun the amount of sweating I would be doing does not.
5) No to Vegas - I have been a couple times - that's enough.
6) Perhaps the most challenging of all for you guys it doesn't really have to involve boating.
That's about it, other than those 6 things pretty open to suggestions. I was tossing around a cheap flight to Baltimore then a train ride to DC. San Fran or San Diego were also mentioned but those may be a bit more of a trip than I want to take. Really though still up in the air on the entire thing. I am sure this group will come up /w some amazing ideas. Lets hear them.
San Francisco sounds fabulous but im bias.
But it is a destination for people from all over the world as it a town of Culture, Dining and Famous sites to see. Oh, and its the Gateway to the California Delta and you may know a Delta tour guide in Stockton for your Boating fix.

Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:35 pm
by Bfun220
I say san Diego. Stay on a boat/yacht in one of the marinas . You could do an overnight , a dinner cruise or just stay dock side. Can be done for reasonable cost and you get free parking.
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:45 pm
by Big Block Power
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:56 pm
by tgrace98
I'd say San Diego, Use to go there quite a bit to visit a customer and there is a lot to do. Golfing, craft breweries, authentic mexican food, check out the midway, san diego zoo.
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:27 pm
by NautiGirl
cmattj wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:46 am
But it is a destination for people from all over the world as it a
town of Culture, Dining and Famous sites to see. Oh, and its the Gateway to the California Delta and you may know a Delta tour guide in Stockton for your Boating fix.
This is going to be a boating free 40th birthday...unless we do SanFran and the Alcatraz tour. I am not a strong swimmer. Thanks for the recommendation if that is the final choice we will definitely hit you up.
I have seen way too much of Maidson WI. But if you are buying steaks at Rare we could possibility talk. Love that place.
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:56 pm
I'd say San Diego, Use to go there quite a bit to visit a customer and there is a lot to do. Golfing, craft breweries, authentic mexican food, check out the midway, san diego zoo.
Last Time I went to San Diego with a girl she dumped me on the flight home. True Story. Katie has promised we would still be married when we land back in Louisville but I am a bit hesitant.
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:36 pm
by akorcovelos
While I fully support BB so we can all hang out and eat Cheese, I'd have to say one of my favorite places (non-tropical/boating related) is Vail. Vail in the summer is amazing, open air bars/restaurants, pedestrian only roads, stunning scenery, and honestly some of the nicest people I've ever met. Vail is one of those places most people don't think of for summer destinations, but it should be because it's awesome.
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:40 pm
by sailor55330
Iβd go San Diego over San Fran personally. If you do go Dan Fran, you need to book Alcatraz NOW
Actually Iβd tell you to get scuba certified between now and then and go to Cozumel for your check dive.
I know you said your not a strong swimmer but since you actually need to sink for scuba, itβs a no brainer
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:55 pm
by NautiGirl
akorcovelos wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:36 pm
While I fully support BB so we can all hang out and eat Cheese, I'd have to say one of my favorite places (non-tropical/boating related) is Vail. Vail in the summer is amazing, open air bars/restaurants, pedestrian only roads, stunning scenery, and honestly some of the nicest people I've ever met. Vail is one of those places most people don't think of for summer destinations, but it should be because it's awesome.
Mrs Nauti here... Agree most people don't think of ski destinations as good summer vacation spots. Telluride is supposed to be just as busy on the summer!
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:56 pm
by Big Block Power
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:59 pm
by Tuscany
I concur!
Actually, San Francisco with a private boat tour sounds like a great destination of choice.
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:25 am
by ajcampen
I did a trip to San Fran, flew to Portland and then took the train to Seattle. It was amazing.
Portland had a huge beer fest on the river and the whole city blew us away. Seattle was my favorite city of the trip. The ease of getting around.....dim sum in china town. The original Starbucks coffee shop....etc
Congrats on 40
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:21 am
by cmattj
Tuscany wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:59 pm
I concur!
Actually, San Francisco with a private boat tour sounds like a great destination of choice.
Great idea T!
Come on out and weβll celebrate our throw back 40th. We will Toast Katie with slurred speech.
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:42 am
by Ytmsn
I really like getting to the high country in the middle of summer for a break from the heat. You could fly in to just about anyplace on the western slope and rent a side by side for the weekend. Nothing like being to the top of a 12 or 13 thousand foot mountain or pass to celebrate getting old!
Howe5, that being said, all of us flying into MattLand for the weekend would be a BALL!
Re: Nauti Birthday Celebration Ideas
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:26 pm
by cmattj
Ytmsn wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:42 am
Howe5, that being said, all of us flying into MattLand for the weekend would be a BALL!
I like where this is going.
We will have a great celebration and face time the Nautis!
I loce Birthdays
