Page 1 of 1
Help me find a destination
Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:48 pm
by 2ridgebacks
We celebrated 17 yrs of marriage on 12/21. As usual, we had/have no time to celebrate with all of the Christmas activities. So, as usual, we will take a long weekend sometime in the future. I'm thinking this year, maybe we incorporate the boat into the trip. I'm looking for a lake within 4-6 hrs from Louisville that has VRBO or suitable lodging on the water, private dock would be nice, boating to dinner is almost a must. I'm looking at late March through late April. We talked about heading back up to the Put-in-Bay area, but I'm thinking the weather is dicey at best that time of year. Most likely looking somewhere South. The closer the better, but we are open to all ideas.
Re: Help me find a destination
Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:04 am
by ajcampen
Head south...you could be miserable if you don’t. Maybe target Alabama. If I were u I would push it one month later and do memorial day weekend in Norris lake
Re: Help me find a destination
Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:19 am
by Big Block Power
I think just like the Nauti's come up to lake Winnebago here in neenah


Lake Cumberland, Norris, Dale Hollow.
Re: Help me find a destination
Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:45 pm
by Ytmsn
Nah, rain on all that. Wait until July and trek on over to TRL and spend a week there. Its next door to Branson, and Silver Dollar City is so close you can see the roller coasters from the water and hear the screams!
Not to mention you'll get to meet some CC personalities! Lots of them.
Re: Help me find a destination
Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:59 pm
by cmattj
Ytmsn wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:45 pm
Nah, rain on all that. Wait until July and trek on over to TRL and spend a week there. Its next door to Branson, and Silver Dollar City is so close you can see the roller coasters from the water and hear the screams!
Not to mention you'll get to meet some CC personalities! Lots of them.
I’ll second that

Re: Help me find a destination
Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 pm
by 2ridgebacks
The regatta is on the list. I need something sooner if possible. Summers are jam packed as it is. It looks like Dale Hollow might have restaurants with docks. We’ll see.
Re: Help me find a destination
Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:46 am
by Big Block Power
2ridgebacks wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 pm
The regatta is on the list. I need something sooner if possible. Summers are jam packed as it is. It looks like Dale Hollow might have restaurants with docks. We’ll see.
Nauti's can help you with Dale Hollow.
Re: Help me find a destination
Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:33 am
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:46 am
2ridgebacks wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 pm
The regatta is on the list. I need something sooner if possible. Summers are jam packed as it is. It looks like Dale Hollow might have restaurants with docks. We’ll see.
Nauti's can help you with Dale Hollow.
Yup! Let us know! We are over in the state dock area but several marina restaurants and clear water all over... But maybe not in March!