Page 1 of 1

TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:13 pm
by Rodp
What is advisable , trailer my 220s with the arch up or down.
Thanks

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 pm
by Big Block Power
Up. I wouldn't think of towing it down. What would it be resting on and supported with it in the down position?

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:20 pm
by Rodp
Thanks, new boat , never had a arch

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:05 pm
by Big Block Power
I would never buy another boat without one. I hate that I have to lower it to fit in the garage. At least most of the times I lower it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
It's just very heavy and a pain. I wish I could convert it to a new style that is much easier to raise and lower but I can't

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:51 pm
by Rodp
Glad to here that, Love the boat. Thanks for the advice!

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:55 pm
by Big Block Power
What does this so called boat look like? Is it black red blue or taffy color?
And welcome to the chat ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘‹

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:17 am
by Rodp
Its a 2020 220s. Red hull, white bottom with a tan boot stripe. White tower with red Bimini, Terra interior
300 H.P Volvo duo prop.
Custom made Phoenix Trailer so it will fit in my garage. worked with Wes, a Tommy's in Clermont. Great honest guy and dealership!

Thanks again for helping, Much Appreciated!

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:17 am
by ajcampen
What are the tricks to boating in lakes in Florida. Gators freak me out

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm
by Rodp
Don't really know, we have a second home on Douglass lake In Tennessee.
I do agree with you, Florida lakes are different, Gators and don't forget those snakes.
Sorry not much help!

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:47 pm
by Big Block Power
Rodp wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm Don't really know, we have a second home on Douglass lake In Tennessee.
I do agree with you, Florida lakes are different, Gators and don't forget those snakes.
Sorry not much help!
Yep let's jump out and go swimming. Umm nope gator and snakes. Not going there.

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:54 pm
by cmattj
Rodp wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:13 pm What is advisable , trailer my 220s with the arch up or down.
Thanks
Both the R series my friends have tow with the arch up. ( Bimini tucked away ) They say due to bouncing and movement.
So letโ€™s get you to new members section, and see this Red combo!
Itโ€™s a crowed favorite!

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:07 am
by AsLan7
Rodp wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:20 pm Thanks, new boat , never had a arch
.
Hey RodP. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Like the others mentioned, I would tow with the arch up. Thatโ€™s where it is the most stable and strongest if you think about it. Down is really just a storage position.

Feel free to post some pics when you are able. Is your family into water sports?

Again welcome aboard mate!

.

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:23 pm
by TwoBurgers
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:47 pm
Rodp wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm Don't really know, we have a second home on Douglass lake In Tennessee.
I do agree with you, Florida lakes are different, Gators and don't forget those snakes.
Sorry not much help!
Yep let's jump out and go swimming. Umm nope gator and snakes. Not going there.
Funny, but someone got a pic of a black bear swimming across the wide and of Lake Anna in Virginia this summer. Looked to be before sunset. I've seen deer in the lake, but a bear huffing its way towards me :o ... Still better that an alligator I guess. :D

Re: TRAILERING MY 220S

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:42 am
by Big Block Power
TwoBurgers wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:23 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:47 pm
Rodp wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 pm Don't really know, we have a second home on Douglass lake In Tennessee.
I do agree with you, Florida lakes are different, Gators and don't forget those snakes.
Sorry not much help!
Yep let's jump out and go swimming. Umm nope gator and snakes. Not going there.
Funny, but someone got a pic of a black bear swimming across the wide and of Lake Anna in Virginia this summer. Looked to be before sunset. I've seen deer in the lake, but a bear huffing its way towards me :o ... Still better that an alligator I guess. :D
No it's not. Not going to be around. Glad I anchor in 3 ft I'm gone. The blower might not run for a minute sorry nope gone.