Page 1 of 1
200 or 220 and towers?
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:54 pm
by andymoler58
I am debating a 2013 220 and a 2017 200, I like the color of the 200 better and I like the fact that it doesn’t have a tower
They are both the same price at 37k , the 200 has a trailer and the 220 doesn’t. The 220 has 97 hours and and the 200 has 67 hours.
Does the tower really have any function because I don’t really like the look. My 200 has the Bimini top and I think it looks better and it costs less to store at the marina.
I do hear that the extra 2 feet goes a long way thoughb
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Re: 200 or 220 and towers?
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:20 pm
by Big Block Power
Depends how you use your boat with water sports. After having my 220 with a tower over my 200 that didn't. I would never go back.
Go with what your heart is saying then.
Re: 200 or 220 and towers?
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:39 pm
by ajcampen
Tower is great for getting in and out (no more keep you flipping hands off the Bimini speech). The two feet is worth it. Personally I like the new style arch towers and would get a 2014 with the tower. Also, the newer towers fold down very easily.
Hold off if u have to to get what you want. Where r u located?
Re: 200 or 220 and towers?
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:07 pm
by andymoler58
Yea you think I’ll see a better deal here coming up if we hit a recession?
Re: 200 or 220 and towers?
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:12 pm
by Big Block Power
andymoler58 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:07 pm
Yea you think I’ll see a better deal here coming up if we hit a recession?
Oh there will be lots of them coming.
What engines were in those 2.
Re: 200 or 220 and towers?
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:28 pm
by andymoler58
It was a 240 v6 in the 200 and a 270 v6 in the 220
Re: 200 or 220 and towers?
Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:24 am
by Big Block Power
andymoler58 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:28 pm
It was a 240 v6 in the 200 and a 270 v6 in the 220
I take this isn't your first boat?
Wait for better power. Just saying.
In a 22 ft or a 20 foot boat I wouldn't want anything under a 350 in either of them. But hey some have that power and love it. It's all in how your going to use it. But hey get the tower.
Re: 200 or 220 and towers?
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:45 am
by Alaskabound
Come on, bb, who in their right mind would even think to check to see what size engine was under the hood?
Dub
Re: 200 or 220 and towers?
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:20 am
by Big Block Power
Alaskabound wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:45 am
Come on, bb, who in their right mind would even think to check to see what size engine was under the hood?
Dub
I know it's the last question on my mind. Thanks Dub!!