Page 1 of 3

Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:40 am
by Chrispval
Can i upgrade my manual arch to electric folding, without changing the whole arch?
Also how easy is it to add a motorbox actuator? Cobalt is prewired for it?

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:03 am
by Big Block Power
Well no one on here has done it.
No time like the present. Let's get this thread going with pictures šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:26 am
by AsLan7
.
Agreed!

Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

I think both projects are doable. It would be a first for the site as bbp mentioned. Having things pre-wired is half the battle

Again welcome aboard mate!
.

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:10 am
by ajcampen
Call Samson sport and ask. They made it

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:45 pm
by Chrispval
Thanks for the encouragement. I pull her out of storage Friday and will post some eye candy. First project is adding tower speakers and a 2 channel JL amp. Next, is the arch. I spoke with Samson, and they confirmed its the same arch as electric. Now to try and get a dealer to order me the actuator for cost

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:42 pm
by Big Block Power
Can you get the actuator from Samson. that might be the cheaper and better way. Cobalt is the middle man so they mark it up and you dealer marks it up. Buy it factory direct.
Maybe buy it in bulk like 10 of them. You might be on to something here.

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:50 pm
by Chrispval
Samson rep at the 800 number was working from home, and factory closed. She was just on her rotational shift answering calls. She made it seem like the only direction would be to deal with the local cobalt dealer, not even the factory. From experience, trying to order parts for things like a trailer, these companies in their agreements with their partners (boat manufacturers), will not sell or distribute direct to consumers especially while they are still in active production runs for current models. If it was something that was discontinued, and Cobalt moved on to a new updated design, I could see them selling off extra inventory. Nonetheless, its worth a shot. I will see if I can convince them. My local dealer is very friendly, and he may even share engineering specs with me if he has access to them from cobalt.

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:13 pm
by Chrispval
I found this for a mastercraft. Seems pricey still, and retail. but if it looks like this for cobalt and a plug and play harness, this could be the easiest job yet
https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/maste ... -inch-stbd

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:28 pm
by Big Block Power
Chrispval wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:50 pm Samson rep at the 800 number was working from home, and factory closed. She was just on her rotational shift answering calls. She made it seem like the only direction would be to deal with the local cobalt dealer, not even the factory. From experience, trying to order parts for things like a trailer, these companies in their agreements with their partners (boat manufacturers), will not sell or distribute direct to consumers especially while they are still in active production runs for current models. If it was something that was discontinued, and Cobalt moved on to a new updated design, I could see them selling off extra inventory. Nonetheless, its worth a shot. I will see if I can convince them. My local dealer is very friendly, and he may even share engineering specs with me if he has access to them from cobalt.
Maybe true. Rick and Derek are very helpful at Cobalt. They got Yt some good info when he needed it. When they open in August you could give them a call.

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:24 pm
by ajcampen
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:28 pm
Chrispval wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:50 pm Samson rep at the 800 number was working from home, and factory closed. She was just on her rotational shift answering calls. She made it seem like the only direction would be to deal with the local cobalt dealer, not even the factory. From experience, trying to order parts for things like a trailer, these companies in their agreements with their partners (boat manufacturers), will not sell or distribute direct to consumers especially while they are still in active production runs for current models. If it was something that was discontinued, and Cobalt moved on to a new updated design, I could see them selling off extra inventory. Nonetheless, its worth a shot. I will see if I can convince them. My local dealer is very friendly, and he may even share engineering specs with me if he has access to them from cobalt.
Maybe true. Rick and Derek are very helpful at Cobalt. They got Yt some good info when he needed it. When they open in August you could give them a call.
August....f* :(

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:24 am
by ajcampen
I’m not sure Samson makes a electric folding arch. It must be more cobalt specific. Looked for one on their site and I saw nothing

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:28 am
by Big Block Power
ajcampen wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:24 am I’m not sure Samson makes a electric folding arch. It must be more cobalt specific. Looked for one on their site and I saw nothing
I searched all over and nothing. I'm trying to just find the actuator. I'm sure I could find one but the issue is it the right one. Is it worth 500 bucks. To me heck yes. I hate lifting my stainless tower. If I could convert mine I would in a heart beat. I don't have a flat surface to mount it to. The other issue I've had with my dealers is if my hin number did not include that option they wouldn't sell it to me. I tried to upgrade to the new swim platform and they wouldn't sell one to me.

So quick search for me this.
I think it could be done. Maybe if some of the guys with a power tower Could pay a picture or any numbers on their actuators we could mage this happen brute August.

https://progressiveactuators.com/produc ... AxEALw_wcB

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:36 pm
by Chrispval
C507AE0F-44EC-491F-9F52-A1C444743788.jpeg

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:19 pm
by Big Block Power
Chrispval wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:36 pm C507AE0F-44EC-491F-9F52-A1C444743788.jpeg
That's one of my fav combos. Nice boat!!

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:50 pm
by gdane
Chris, Answered your question in the PM. Sorry for the late reply!