Page 1 of 1
Loose wire
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:45 pm
by fxdx
Anyone have an idea what this black wire is for?
I have a 2001 190.
Its behind the dash and has no connector on the end. It looks like a wire shield and nylon core around a conductor. I thought maybe an antenna. But the antenna is connected to the radio. Everything except the tach works.
Re: Loose wire
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:46 pm
by Big Block Power
Depth finder?
Re: Loose wire
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:57 pm
by fxdx
Depth finder works fine, but I will compare the wires to see if they match.
Re: Loose wire
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:03 pm
by Big Block Power
Somebody could have also replaced it or something and just cut the end off.
Liquid will be on here in 2 months so he will chime in I'm sure. He's the 190 expert

Re: Loose wire
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:48 pm
by fxdx
I think it may be a depth finder cable. Looks the same and is the same width, larger than the other wiring. Tomorrow I will try to see if I can find the other end.
Re: Loose wire
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:23 pm
by AsLan7
fxdx wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:48 pm
I think it may be a depth finder cable. Looks the same and is the same width, larger than the other wiring. Tomorrow I will try to see if I can find the other end.
.
Hey FX. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!
That’s tough to tell without some perspective. Does your depth finder look original or was it replaced at one time? That does look like shielding and insulation.
Any pics of your 190?
Again welcome aboard mate!
.