Page 1 of 1

'08 252 new speaker wire runs

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:08 pm
by fischelr01
Hey everyone,

Found the problem with my factory stereo... It wasn't a blown amp in the headunit, each of the speaker cones was deteriorated. With that said, I'll be installing new amp, speakers and applicable wireing. I'm confident in the setup and mechanics of what I'm installing. However, any advice on the easiest way to run speaker wire from the starboard storage compartment, in front of the helm, to the port side, would be greatly appreciated.

It appears that I can pull the panel that's just in front of the helm, and start fishing from speaker hole, to speaker hole. However, I'm not sure of it's easier to get to the port side via the bow (going around the anchor locker didn't seem too easy for access), or go to the engine compartment to make the loop.

Also, can I attach wire clips to the stringers going forward and aft? I want to put as much space between the power wire and speaker wires as possible and also reduce strain between each section.

Lastly, it appears the factory ran RCA's and accessory wire from the glove box, down through the ski locker to... Somewhere. Can anyone verify that they terminate in that starboard storage compartment in from the of helm?

Thanks in advance!

Re: '08 252 new speaker wire runs

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:18 pm
by AsLan7
fischelr01 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:08 pm Hey everyone,

Found the problem with my factory stereo... It wasn't a blown amp in the headunit, each of the speaker cones was deteriorated. With that said, I'll be installing new amp, speakers and applicable wireing. I'm confident in the setup and mechanics of what I'm installing. However, any advice on the easiest way to run speaker wire from the starboard storage compartment, in front of the helm, to the port side, would be greatly appreciated.

It appears that I can pull the panel that's just in front of the helm, and start fishing from speaker hole, to speaker hole. However, I'm not sure of it's easier to get to the port side via the bow (going around the anchor locker didn't seem too easy for access), or go to the engine compartment to make the loop.

Also, can I attach wire clips to the stringers going forward and aft? I want to put as much space between the power wire and speaker wires as possible and also reduce strain between each section.

Lastly, it appears the factory ran RCA's and accessory wire from the glove box, down through the ski locker to... Somewhere. Can anyone verify that they terminate in that starboard storage compartment in from the of helm?

Thanks in advance!
.
I'm not sure we ever knew you had had an issue with your factory stereo F01....did you post that somewhere?

Glad to hear you found the problem.

.

Re: '08 252 new speaker wire runs

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:02 pm
by Big Block Power
You can run wires easy enough around the bow. You can get all of the wires up in th he factory loom. Just feed it all the way around.

Re: '08 252 new speaker wire runs

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:45 pm
by fischelr01
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:02 pm You can run wires easy enough around the bow. You can get all of the wires up in th he factory loom. Just feed it all the way around.
Thanks! How do I make the turn at the anchor locker? Seems pretty well buttoned up.

No, I hadn't published my initial problem. More of an out loud thought.

Re: '08 252 new speaker wire runs

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:22 pm
by Big Block Power
On mine I could get at everything around it. Not sure if I had to unscrew anything to be honest. You will want to run me power and grd wires also.

Re: '08 252 new speaker wire runs

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:21 pm
by Mike in SC
fischelr01 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:45 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:02 pm You can run wires easy enough around the bow. You can get all of the wires up in th he factory loom. Just feed it all the way around.
Thanks! How do I make the turn at the anchor locker? Seems pretty well buttoned up.

No, I hadn't published my initial problem. More of an out loud thought.
On my boat, the factory loom stops just short of the anchor locker, there is another section mounted high and aft in the locker. I did this the other night. If your arrangement is similar, you'll just catch the wire as it enters the locker, lay it in the 'trough' in the back of the locker, then start hunting for the loom on the other side of the bow.
Good luck!