Page 1 of 1

Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:39 am
by chiefdupCS23
New to boating after shopping for 40 years.
We found a new 2019 with a unique color scheme and engine build not typical in most CS23’s.
Is the extended manufacturer warranty worth it?
Our Trailer is an aluminum MagicTilt-any suggestions on the best trailer for a CS23?
I found the 20amp battery charger that is an option for a build-was new and on clearance at Overton marine. Could use some help in how to install in same form fit function as OEM installed.

Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:51 am
by AsLan7
.
Hey CDCS23. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Beautiful pics & you’re right...sharp color scheme brutha!

How’d she run? Tell us about the unique power you found. Big block? Or maybe a 6.2 430 horse. :mrgreen:

Regarding the extended warranty, where and how will you be using your boat? Are you mechanically adept? It is a nice piece of mind for some....especially if not mechanically inclined. Cost? It’s basically an insurance policy covering the risk of mechanical failures. How much are you willing to pay to cover that risk.
One major thing to look at is what they DON’T cover in the fine print. Manufacturers warranties are certainly better than third party. Some of this was covered in this thread here. Check it out.

Again welcome aboard mate!

.

Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:07 am
by Big Block Power
Sharp boat. So what is this unique engine build in this boat. If you say 240 your banned. It better be a 502😂😂
Don't you dare hold us in suspense with a post like that and not even show pics of the power plant. How dare you!! Demote his rank A7!!

Your kids are going to love that bad boy! If I could see your wife in that picture I think she might love it too. She needs to move to the frt row!! She still is taller than Yt so all good 😂😂jk!!

Where will you be boating? If it already has a trailer why change? If you're in salt keep it.

Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:43 pm
by TruckerTim
Welcome from your neighbor in AL. She’s a beauty! What lake do you boat at? Looks like Martin. I have the same trailer under my R7 and love it. It’s lighter than steel and won’t corrode as bad and pulls great. Bought mine from Rambo as well.

Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:38 am
by Stagdad
Welcome aboard, nice color scheme. I think I cracked the code to what unique engine he has. (hint: check post title). I would say that it is unique as most dealers order the V6-280 or something less to put in the showrooms. My searching on boat trader and other places reveals that the V6 is the most popular choice for the CS series. Again welcome and enjoy that boat!

Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:11 am
by Big Block Power
Stagdad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:38 am Welcome aboard, nice color scheme. I think I cracked the code to what unique engine he has. (hint: check post title). I would say that it is unique as most dealers order the V6-280 or something less to put in the showrooms. My searching on boat trader and other places reveals that the V6 is the most popular choice for the CS series. Again welcome and enjoy that boat!
Thanks for helping us read 😂😂😂

Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:09 pm
by chiefdupCS23
410BA4C6-390A-4E1E-86EA-6B9FD62C9407.jpeg
Hey ya’ll-I wanted to check back in and provide and update.
I’m getting better and now my wife and I have retrieving the boat by trailer down. We’ll stick with the magic tilt.
I installed a 20 amp pro start battery maintainer which seems to be doing great.
That said, today we took Prestige Worldwide out on Lake Guntersville and every time I turned the engine on, I didn’t get the familiar audible beeping sound before the engine fires up. The engine fired up fine but a check engine message flashed two or three times before going off and the boat running normal. Temp was fine, oil looks good, not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:16 pm
by chiefdupCS23
TruckerTim wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:43 pm Welcome from your neighbor in AL. She’s a beauty! What lake do you boat at? Looks like Martin. I have the same trailer under my R7 and love it. It’s lighter than steel and won’t corrode as bad and pulls great. Bought mine from Rambo as well.
We boat mostly at Lewis Smith Lake and Guntersville. Would love to try out Lake Martin sometime soon though!

Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:35 am
by akorcovelos
Best name ever!


Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:59 am
by TruckerTim
chiefdupCS23 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:16 pm
TruckerTim wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:43 pm Welcome from your neighbor in AL. She’s a beauty! What lake do you boat at? Looks like Martin. I have the same trailer under my R7 and love it. It’s lighter than steel and won’t corrode as bad and pulls great. Bought mine from Rambo as well.
We boat mostly at Lewis Smith Lake and Guntersville. Would love to try out Lake Martin sometime soon though!
We have been on Smith for 17+ years and love it!

Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:52 am
by Krob1114
Welcome. Great looking boat and family. I'm sure your kids are enjoying summer on the lakes.
My question is why do you need battery charger?

Re: Newbie Cobalter - CS23-Volvo 300hp V-8 - deluxe Saltwater package - etc

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:23 am
by rabiddawg
What’s the issue with the trailer it’s on?