Page 1 of 1

KnN air filter

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:45 am
by womblesd
Will using an KnN air filter add any increase in performance in a 8.1 ?

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:34 am
by AsLan7
.
No
But it looks kinda cool. :D

.

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:57 am
by Big Block Power
This is a Volvo I take it. They also have the intake air sensor going to the back of the factory housing. So it won't work.

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:18 am
by cmattj
Looking good A7! How about the whistle noise is it less with the air entry change?

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:04 am
by AsLan7
cmattj wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:18 am Looking good A7! How about the whistle noise is it less with the air entry change?
.
No whistle noted....although the Captain's Call being open may be drowning it out. :D

.

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:23 am
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:18 am Looking good A7! How about the whistle noise is it less with the air entry change?
What whistle noise do we talk about.
Just puddy the gas down harder😂😂

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:39 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:23 am
cmattj wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:18 am Looking good A7! How about the whistle noise is it less with the air entry change?
What whistle noise do we talk about.
Just puddy the gas down harder😂😂
:lol:

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:36 am
by Krob1114
I was once active on a BMW owners website. There was lots of discussion on KnN air filters. Some BMW owners thought they caused a film build up inside the intake. I never bought one.

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:27 pm
by Big Block Power
Krob1114 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:36 am I was once active on a BMW owners website. There was lots of discussion on KnN air filters. Some BMW owners thought they caused a film build up inside the intake. I never bought one.
They have the same issue in cars on the maf sensor.
I don't know how much oil is on the one A7 uses. But really there isn't a sensor that it will effect on the boat. Just have to again make sure it is for marine use and is a spark arrestor. It's not a air filter.

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:04 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:27 pm
Krob1114 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:36 am I was once active on a BMW owners website. There was lots of discussion on KnN air filters. Some BMW owners thought they caused a film build up inside the intake. I never bought one.
They have the same issue in cars on the maf sensor.
I don't know how much oil is on the one A7 uses. But really there isn't a sensor that it will effect on the boat. Just have to again make sure it is for marine use and is a spark arrestor. It's not a air filter.
.
No oil on our K&N flame arrestor. +1 on BBP’s post. 👌🏻

.

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:27 pm
by akorcovelos
Krob1114 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:36 am I was once active on a BMW owners website. There was lots of discussion on KnN air filters. Some BMW owners thought they caused a film build up inside the intake. I never bought one.
E30tech or R3v?

Re: KnN air filter

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:32 pm
by Big Block Power
akorcovelos wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:27 pm
Krob1114 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:36 am I was once active on a BMW owners website. There was lots of discussion on KnN air filters. Some BMW owners thought they caused a film build up inside the intake. I never bought one.
E30tech or R3v?
😂😂😂 I was thinking motorcycle 😂😂 they make cars too?