Page 1 of 1

Drive oil leak

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:20 pm
by Table Rockin
I posted this same topic in the BR forum by mistake....

Have a 2003 240 bowrider with a 6.2 L mercruiser bravo 3 drive. I've had to add drive oil twice this year to the reservoir. It's never been super low but once under the add line. I'm planning on calling for a service appt tomorrow but thought I'd ask the forum here if there are any simpler/cheaper solutions. I'm not great with mechanical things and this is my first boat so don't have much prior experience other than being the carefree passenger.

If I just keep it full will it be ok to hold off till the off-season?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Drive oil leak

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:41 pm
by Big Block Power
To be honest the b3 gets air pockets in it. I had to add a few times each year. Just Make sure your not laying anywhere. Prob not a big deal. I kept a qt in the boat anyways along with oil. Just in case.