Page 1 of 1

Trim on Bravo One

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:14 pm
by KrisA
On our 1998 252 the trim gauge shows about 3/4 when the trim is all the way up using the switch. Is this normal or should it show full up at the switch limit?

Re: Trim on Bravo One

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:16 pm
by akorcovelos
I messed with mine and it’s the same way, all the way down it shows 3/4 down. All the way up is accurate.

Re: Trim on Bravo One

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 pm
by thunder550
You can adjust it by loosening the screws on the trim sender and turning it so the gauge reads correctly. There's a chance though that the sender or wiring is going bad, in which case the adjustments won't help.

Re: Trim on Bravo One

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 pm
by akorcovelos
thunder550 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 pm You can adjust it by loosening the screws on the trim sender and turning it so the gauge reads correctly. There's a chance though that the sender or wiring is going bad, in which case the adjustments won't help.
Yup, adjusted mine several times and I think it’s just old and resistance isn’t within spec anymore. Where I boat knowing how high you’re trimmed is more important than knowing it’s all the way down! 😆

Re: Trim on Bravo One

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:35 am
by Big Block Power
akorcovelos wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 pm
thunder550 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 pm You can adjust it by loosening the screws on the trim sender and turning it so the gauge reads correctly. There's a chance though that the sender or wiring is going bad, in which case the adjustments won't help.
Yup, adjusted mine several times and I think it’s just old and resistance isn’t within spec anymore. Where I boat knowing how high you’re trimmed is more important than knowing it’s all the way down! 😆
Do you ever put your drive down past the trim limit up spot. I thought you just used the trailer button 😂😂

Re: Trim on Bravo One

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 am
by akorcovelos
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:35 am
akorcovelos wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 pm
thunder550 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 pm You can adjust it by loosening the screws on the trim sender and turning it so the gauge reads correctly. There's a chance though that the sender or wiring is going bad, in which case the adjustments won't help.
Yup, adjusted mine several times and I think it’s just old and resistance isn’t within spec anymore. Where I boat knowing how high you’re trimmed is more important than knowing it’s all the way down! 😆
Do you ever put your drive down past the trim limit up spot. I thought you just used the trailer button 😂😂
I usually need to put the drive down to get on the trailer! 😜

Re: Trim on Bravo One

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:19 pm
by Big Block Power
akorcovelos wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 am
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:35 am
akorcovelos wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 pm

Yup, adjusted mine several times and I think it’s just old and resistance isn’t within spec anymore. Where I boat knowing how high you’re trimmed is more important than knowing it’s all the way down! 😆
Do you ever put your drive down past the trim limit up spot. I thought you just used the trailer button 😂😂
I usually need to put the drive down to get on the trailer! 😜
Or to just drain the water out of it 😂😂