Page 1 of 1

25sc, Quality Alum a vator 10,000 lb lift

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:33 am
by 25SC_StepMom
Hi all,

We are in Jacksonville, FL and the home we are renting has a 10,000 lb Quality Alum-a-vator boat lift with carpeted wood bunks on an aluminum frame. We will be “babysitting” our friends 2017 25SC while we are here, and hope she will sit nicely on this lift.

First, we do have an appointment with professional lift installers/fitters on the Monday after the boat arrives. But I’m fussy and nervous that she’s not going to work with this lift.

Does anyone have experience with a 25SC on a lift other than the strap type? The manual says to use straps or a cradle. Is this something that I should call cobalt about? Can I purchase cradles made for this boat? We could always mount those to the existing bunks.
image.jpg
Thanks for your help!
Liz

Re: 25sc, Quality Alum a vator 10,000 lb lift

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:57 am
by AsLan7
.
Hey Liz. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

I can’t help you with your lift questions but others here will chime in shortly.

Great set up on the lake. 👌🏻

Again welcome aboard!

.

Re: 25sc, Quality Alum a vator 10,000 lb lift

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:01 am
by Big Block Power
Interesting why they would only want cradles. I would think you could get that lift to work. Yep call cobalt cust. Assist they will help you out. Congrats. Is it your boat or there's?

Re: 25sc, Quality Alum a vator 10,000 lb lift

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:07 am
by 25SC_StepMom
Thanks for the warm welcome! It’s their boat. In a strange twist of fate one of the women I coach and play ice hockey with moved to Orlando within a couple of months of our move here, so for now they are going to keep the boat here and play in the rivers/ocean, until they decide to move her closer to home.

And yes, this house is outstanding. We bought the sailboat (Compac 16 Raven) a couple of months ago and just added 4 kayaks to the family. Perfect for socially distancing and enjoying the Florida wildlife.

Re: 25sc, Quality Alum a vator 10,000 lb lift

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:50 am
by tgrace98
The 25SC should sit right on the bunks. My guess is they will need to be adjusted so they are not sitting on a chine. But I have a similar setup for my R7.

Re: 25sc, Quality Alum a vator 10,000 lb lift

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:23 pm
by kurtmih1
I have a 2020 23SC and it fits fine on my bunk lift. I will look into the spacing of the bunks if you are still interested.