Page 1 of 1
Bilge blower hose routing (2000 226)
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:09 pm
by Jays_Truck
My bilge blower is making a bad squealing sound so i think its time to replace the factory original after 20 years of service and 260 hours. I know where one of the blower hoses goes (from the fan to the vent shroud). But where does the second one go? does it also go from the vent shroud to the hole on the side of the main stringer near the transom? Could someone take a pic of their intact bilge blower set ups from a 226 or similar model. I don't think the previous owner understood the importance of a working bilge blower.
TIA!
Jason
Re: Bilge blower hose routing (2000 226)
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:54 pm
by bhostetler
What did you figure out? I believe I need to replace my bilge blower as it was getting loud. Do you know what size it is? My boat is an hour away and I would like to save the 2 hour round trip drive just to find out what to order. I have a 2001 226, so it should be the same as yours.
Re: Bilge blower hose routing (2000 226)
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:01 pm
by AsLan7
bhostetler wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:54 pm
What did you figure out? I believe I need to replace my bilge blower as it was getting loud. Do you know what size it is? My boat is an hour away and I would like to save the 2 hour round trip drive just to find out what to order. I have a 2001 226, so it should be the same as yours.
.
Hey bh. So glad you found us!
We replaced our noisy blower with another by attwood. Pretty standard blower manufacturer. Roughly $30 and the new one was well worth it. So quiet.
Hopefully you’ll get the measurement from another without having to travel to your boat.
Any pics? And again welcome aboard mate!
.