Page 1 of 1
Buying 25SC or R6 OB
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:21 am
by Mikewils19
I’m looking to order nicely optioned 2021 25SC or R6 outboard. Haven’t seen or experienced the new R6 OB in person but already experienced a friends 25SC on water. He had a 250hp but I’m going with dealer recommended merc v8 300hp. Will be using boat in salt water, mostly with 5-6 people onboard. Same exact options on the new R6 OB comes out to about $12k more than 25SC. Would like to know if anyone notices big difference between the two? R6 OB is heavier by 800lbs so maybe need the 350hp engine as well.
Also, skipping the snap-in carpet options to get the glued teak seadeck installed aftermarket by dealer. Anyone else has experience with glued seadeck?
Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
Mike
Re: Buying 25SC or R6 OB
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:07 am
by Krob1114
No advice here but welcome to Cobalt.chat.
I'm sure you'll be happy with either purchase, but go with more hp.
Re: Buying 25SC or R6 OB
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:39 am
by AsLan7
.
Hey Mike. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!
I’d go with the Outboard engine for sure in a saltwater environment. No less than 300 horse for a 26’. A 350 R series would be my choice as well.
Be sure to post pics.
Again welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: Buying 25SC or R6 OB
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:19 pm
by Big Block Power
Some say they don't worry or buy with resale in mind but I do. You will get more back in the end with a r series boat all day long. So that 12k shrinks in the end. Do the r!
Re: Buying 25SC or R6 OB
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:25 am
by willyswagon
We have the 26 SD and love it. It has a 380 Volvo. I wouldn't dream of going smaller than 350 hp in these sized boats. The SD/SC are great boats with lots of room in the bow compared to many in the market. To give that room Cobalt came up with a very non standard looking bow. Some like it some don't. It may affect the re sale later if those looking only view the boat in pictures. It's not until you spend time in the boat that one see the benefit of the extra space. If you are buying a boat for an entertainment platform than the SD/SC are a great choice. If you are looking for top speed...these hulls are not in the same league as some of Cobalt's other designs.
I think you'll be happy with either model.
Re: Buying 25SC or R6 OB
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:10 pm
by hafalel
Hello from SF Bay - did you end up making the purchase? I have a 25sc but love the R6 styling as well. The deep V of the SC seems better suited for saltwater ?