Page 1 of 1

Cobalt 293 Fwd Bilge / Sump Wiring Question

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:49 pm
by kmulde34
I recently purchased a 1999 Cobalt 293 and the bilge area under the step has some missing pieces.

1. There is a shower sump with float wired to a 2 pin connector - it currently is not receiving 12 VDC power can someone confirm it's activated through the water system breaker? If not, welcome feedback since I am unable to get it to have 12VDC.

2. There is a fwd bilge activated through a 4 pin connector with two wires manually activating the bilge through the switch at the helm. This works.

3. There is a red wire to the 4 pin connector that is removed, and two wires output from the connector that are also cut and open. I assume this was to a float switch in the bilge that was tied to always hot and would activate the fwd bilge without the switch.

Appreciate confirmation on these items and then a part number of what float switch was used if #3 is accurate so I can replace. I have contacted the Cobalt dealer who reached out to Cobalt and said electrical diagrams are no longer available for the model.

Thanks!

Re: Cobalt 293 Fwd Bilge / Sump Wiring Question

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:45 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hey K34. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Can’t help you with the shower sump pump but our bilge pump has a red hot wire to the battery which allows power to activate if the float rises.

Are there any pics of your 293? We enjoy them here.

Again welcome aboard mate!

.

Re: Cobalt 293 Fwd Bilge / Sump Wiring Question

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:53 pm
by kmulde34
Thanks! Here are some pictures.

Re: Cobalt 293 Fwd Bilge / Sump Wiring Question

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:15 am
by Big Block Power
I would think you could use any float switch that would fit in that area. They are universal parts anyways. Rule makes a bunch. I can only guess someone removed it to replace it and just never got back to it. Like A7 said red is constant hot.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/rule-ind ... 4REALw_wcB

Re: Cobalt 293 Fwd Bilge / Sump Wiring Question

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:23 am
by Holy Smokes
Owned a 1999 293 for 7 years. I've attached the wiring diagrams and water line routing I got from Cobalt.

If not accessible here, drop me an email and I can send you all the documents I acquired over the years.

Re: Cobalt 293 Fwd Bilge / Sump Wiring Question

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:50 am
by Big Block Power
Wow well look at that. Give that guy a beer or 3πŸ‘

Re: Cobalt 293 Fwd Bilge / Sump Wiring Question

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:52 am
by AsLan7
Holy Smokes wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:23 am Owned a 1999 293 for 7 years. I've attached the wiring diagrams and water line routing I got from Cobalt.

If not accessible here, drop me an email and I can send you all the documents I acquired over the years.
.
Nice HS!

Re: Cobalt 293 Fwd Bilge / Sump Wiring Question

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:03 pm
by kmulde34
I can't believe it. This group is great! Thanks so much for the outstanding support.

Re: Cobalt 293 Fwd Bilge / Sump Wiring Question

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:49 pm
by kmulde34
Based on the great support there is a 4A AGC fuse behind the distribution panel from the Water System that powers the shower sump. This fuse was blown.

There is a 26012 Johnson Pump float switch that was removed and not replaced in the front bilge.

Everything is now all set - thanks everyone!

Re: Cobalt 293 Fwd Bilge / Sump Wiring Question

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:16 pm
by AsLan7
kmulde34 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:49 pm Based on the great support there is a 4A AGC fuse behind the distribution panel from the Water System that powers the shower sump. This fuse was blown.

There is a 26012 Johnson Pump float switch that was removed and not replaced in the front bilge.

Everything is now all set - thanks everyone!
.
Great to hear ...and thanks for the follow up kmulde34! πŸ‘