Side mount table install interior mounting pictures
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:42 pm
Hey gang
I have searched and found plenty of pictures of installed tables and locations for them..(We have decided on the rear seating area-directly behind the captains chair), but what I need is to see any pictures of the install or backing plate inside the locker of an install. I bought a Garelick side mount table/leg/bracket, but it only came with the mount, and no backer. Perhaps it is the architect in me-but I am thinking I will have a steel plate made that is a bit wider than the bracket, but have the holes align up to better spread the load out. Anyone have pictures of the "ugly" side of their side mount table I can see? I hate placing that sort of stress on the fiberglass with just four SS bolts and washers. Thoughts?
As an aside, our vinyl reg numbers came today, and our boat name. Our Bryant was named "After Five" (Since we were ALWAYS on the water during the week then..but our new Cobalt will be named "Pura Vida" After a visit to Costa Rica has us longing to return! The Simrek B3 drive shower came as well-It will be a busy spring! I wish we had more than the three times we had to take the boat out before I had to winterize her for the season!
Picture is my high speed turn in her to see how she carves the water-I was pleased!
I have searched and found plenty of pictures of installed tables and locations for them..(We have decided on the rear seating area-directly behind the captains chair), but what I need is to see any pictures of the install or backing plate inside the locker of an install. I bought a Garelick side mount table/leg/bracket, but it only came with the mount, and no backer. Perhaps it is the architect in me-but I am thinking I will have a steel plate made that is a bit wider than the bracket, but have the holes align up to better spread the load out. Anyone have pictures of the "ugly" side of their side mount table I can see? I hate placing that sort of stress on the fiberglass with just four SS bolts and washers. Thoughts?
As an aside, our vinyl reg numbers came today, and our boat name. Our Bryant was named "After Five" (Since we were ALWAYS on the water during the week then..but our new Cobalt will be named "Pura Vida" After a visit to Costa Rica has us longing to return! The Simrek B3 drive shower came as well-It will be a busy spring! I wish we had more than the three times we had to take the boat out before I had to winterize her for the season!
Picture is my high speed turn in her to see how she carves the water-I was pleased!