Page 1 of 1

another question about running an engine out of water

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:36 am
by Lee St.Clair
I have noticed that some folks have a garden hose attached to a fitting on the outdrive. Others use what they seem to call 'muffs'. I noticed that some of the muffs have water going into both sides of the out drive. Others only have one. I have a Volvo/Penta SX outdrive. What would be the best to buy?

Re: another question about running an engine out of water

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:12 pm
by bruceb58
With my Volvo, I used the one that puts water in both sides. If I had the fitting at the engine, I would use that.

Re: another question about running an engine out of water

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:40 pm
by Lee St.Clair
OK Bruce. Thanks for that. I just wasn't sure what the best way would be.

Re: another question about running an engine out of water

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:05 am
by bruceb58
If you do go with muffs, this is the one I use. Always buy the one with the metal piping. The plastic ones crack too easy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223384806275