Page 1 of 1

2004 Cobalt 226 Steering Cable

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:14 pm
by lakelife11/2020
Does anyone know the model # of the steering cable for a 2004 Cobalt 226. Has a Volvo 5.7 liter engine. Thanks in advance.

Re: 2004 Cobalt 226 Steering Cable

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:04 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hey LL11/2020.... welcome to the cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

No idea on the part number. Others will chime in shortly though with that answer I’m sure. BBP might have it memorized.

Any pics of your 226? How is she powered?

Again welcome aboard mate!

.

Re: 2004 Cobalt 226 Steering Cable

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:41 pm
by Big Block Power
No not a clue. Remove it the number is on it..

Re: 2004 Cobalt 226 Steering Cable

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:50 pm
by lakelife11/2020
Removing it is the issue. It is in the slip at the lake and I am trying to order a new one ASAP. Saves me a week.

Re: 2004 Cobalt 226 Steering Cable

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:52 pm
by Big Block Power
Think someone in here replaced them and posted it in here somewhere. I'm thinking 18ft telflex.

Re: 2004 Cobalt 226 Steering Cable

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:09 pm
by Big Block Power
Here's a 232. Prob a ft longer.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4516&p=84042&hilit ... ble#p84042

Here's the one I remember. To bad he never came back. Maybe send him a pm and he will answer you.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4114&p=79159&hilit ... ble#p79159