Page 1 of 1

2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:32 pm
by Lakemurray
Hi guys - I always had pontoon boat and about to purchase my first bowrider. I know this topic has been discussed many times. However a little feedback is appreciated. Right now we are looking to get the R5 with a 350 ... a part of me wants the r7 too.. looking at previous feeds - seems like with either one I can’t go wrong .. if it is the r7 .. what engine size would y’all recommend. Thanks and thoughts are appreciated .

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:42 pm
by Kyboater
If the R7 is in the budget and meets your tow or slip/lift options then R7 all the way assuming the R7 is at least 380hp. Just my opinion.

Good luck and Enjoy which one you choose. Both are awesome boats!

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:12 pm
by tgrace98
I had the same debate back in 2019. Get the R7 and never look back. Also 380hp minimum in the R7

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:40 pm
by Tuscany
Almost enough...or just right?

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:57 pm
by tgrace98
Tuscany wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:40 pm Almost enough...or just right?
And now the 2 of us say that about the R7 or r30 🤣

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:47 pm
by Lakemurray
Thank y’all so much - so I have settled on the r5 - also the fact I can get one now versus - waiting 6 months for the r 7. The r5 has a 350.

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 pm
by Bratcho
You will love the R5 - sweet boat.
I spent the fall/ winter going through the same analysis, and ended up taking a different route - used cobalt. The cobalts are so well built and hold their value. So I patiently waited to find one with low hours; saved a ton of money. I fully respect/understand buying new - but if you’d like to explore the used boat path, please PM me. Cheers

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:37 pm
by Tuscany
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:57 pm
Tuscany wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:40 pm Almost enough...or just right?
And now the 2 of us say that about the R7 or r30 🤣
LOL..
I wish I had ordered the R30, but you know how it goes...I thought the 7 was the limit for trailering.
I feel we could load/launch the USS George Washington now....🤣
Bigger is always better!

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:09 pm
by dustinm
Tuscany wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:37 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:57 pm
Tuscany wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:40 pm Almost enough...or just right?
And now the 2 of us say that about the R7 or r30 🤣
...I thought the 7 was the limit for trailering.
Well it is for a half-ton, you know if you have a GM :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:26 pm
by Table Rockin
Lakemurray wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:47 pm Thank y’all so much - so I have settled on the r5 - also the fact I can get one now versus - waiting 6 months for the r 7. The r5 has a 350.
Late to the party here and sounds like you have made your decision but if it were me I'd exercise a bit of patience. Yeah you'll be loving life having it this summer but once your past the point you could have landed the R7.....and you start to see and envy those bigger boats, you might have buyers remorse. 6 months of a summer is a long time to wait, I totally get it. But if you plan on having this for a substantial amount of time waiting another 6 months and not have buyers remorse is worth it to me.

I am obviously forming an fact-based, objective opinion as can be evidenced by my signature....lol.

Scratch all that, I have a better option. Simultaneously purchase the R5 and order the R7. In this market you could probably sell the R5 for close to what you paid for it within a week before you take delivery of the R7. Whatever depreciation hit you take is justified as the expense for getting in and using a boat this summer.

Your welcome :)

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:37 pm
by Big Block Power
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:26 pm
Lakemurray wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:47 pm Thank y’all so much - so I have settled on the r5 - also the fact I can get one now versus - waiting 6 months for the r 7. The r5 has a 350.
Late to the party here and sounds like you have made your decision but if it were me I'd exercise a bit of patience. Yeah you'll be loving life having it this summer but once your past the point you could have landed the R7.....and you start to see and envy those bigger boats, you might have buyers remorse. 6 months of a summer is a long time to wait, I totally get it. But if you plan on having this for a substantial amount of time waiting another 6 months and not have buyers remorse is worth it to me.

I am obviously forming an fact-based, objective opinion as can be evidenced by my signature....lol.

Scratch all that, I have a better option. Simultaneously purchase the R5 and order the R7. In this market you could probably sell the R5 for close to what you paid for it within a week before you take delivery of the R7. Whatever depreciation hit you take is justified as the expense for getting in and using a boat this summer.

Your welcome :)
I was just going to say but the r5 at a great deal and sell it for a profit and get the r7 when it pops up.

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:07 pm
by Lakemurray
Thanks folks -
Appreciate all the feed back and I have not picked up
The r5 yet (tomorrow) and now I am already looking for
The r7.

Re: 2021 r5 or 2021 R7

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:39 pm
by Table Rockin
Honestly talk to the dealer. I’m sure they’ll be happy to sell a lightly used R5 this fall. You could also sell outright and make even more. The market is that nuts right now. I (and likely all of us) could sell my boat for at least a 15% gain after using it for 3 seasons. Crazy times.