Shot in the Dark - Wondering where an old 19BR is today.
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:11 am
So this is one of those shots in the dark, but you never know when someone remembers seeing an old girl in the back of a storage yard, or neighbors yard, or junk yard, so here goes- I mentioned in my introduction post on here that I fell in love with Cobalt in the late 80's on a lake in Maine. A close family friend had ordered an '86 19BR and ran it on a lake in mid-coast Maine and Lake George, NY. He kept the boat int to early 2000's until he sold it along with a lake house in Maine. He tells me the some of the second owner ran it up on some rocks. Recently he mentioned that he thought the boat had been sold again, and wondered where it was, and it got me wondering too.
It was my first Cobalt experience, that made me me a proud owner now. The boat was the tan hull, blue lines, tan interior and carpets. Originally it had "Baby Bear" painted on the transom, and would be on a painted to match Shore Land'r tandem trailer. It had a light green custom, but aftermarket full mooring cover and full blue canvases. If it's still there the Cobalt plaque on the glovebox would read made for "Andrea and George _____". I think it had the big 260 with an OMC. The original owner kept the boat in better than immaculate condition. I was e-mailing with the original owner this past week and he said he regretted selling her when he did and wondered where she was now. My guess is it stayed in New England, but who knows. I hope she's still on the water somewhere and got thinking that this group of passionate folks would be the ones to know if it is still kicking around. Not looking to purchase her back, or contact the owner; it would just be cool to hear "Hey yeah, I've seen that boat in NH and she's afloat!" (Or whatever.).
We're looking forward to getting to Table Rock one year to see the vintage Cobalts gather. Looks like a great time. Cheers!
It was my first Cobalt experience, that made me me a proud owner now. The boat was the tan hull, blue lines, tan interior and carpets. Originally it had "Baby Bear" painted on the transom, and would be on a painted to match Shore Land'r tandem trailer. It had a light green custom, but aftermarket full mooring cover and full blue canvases. If it's still there the Cobalt plaque on the glovebox would read made for "Andrea and George _____". I think it had the big 260 with an OMC. The original owner kept the boat in better than immaculate condition. I was e-mailing with the original owner this past week and he said he regretted selling her when he did and wondered where she was now. My guess is it stayed in New England, but who knows. I hope she's still on the water somewhere and got thinking that this group of passionate folks would be the ones to know if it is still kicking around. Not looking to purchase her back, or contact the owner; it would just be cool to hear "Hey yeah, I've seen that boat in NH and she's afloat!" (Or whatever.).
We're looking forward to getting to Table Rock one year to see the vintage Cobalts gather. Looks like a great time. Cheers!