COBALT HELP PLEASE

Post Reply
Corleycrew
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 26, 2020 11:06 am
Location: Sugarcreek , Ohio
Contact:

COBALT HELP PLEASE

Post by Corleycrew »

Ok y’all here me out.......I have a 1996 Cobalt 190 5.7 Alpha One......
Absolutely love the boat and its my second Cobalt....The ONLY issue I have is the captains chair. It’s either sit in it and its too low as designed or sir on the back rest above the windshield and be completely uncomfortable.
I want to replace the entire set up. It is NOT as swivel seat to where I can just stand leaning on the backside of it. It’s a fixed square plate that only adjustable forward and back.
And yes I’ve tried removing it and facing it back so that I can lean against the back as I stand and drive.

My Cobalt 22T had a baluster seat that flipped up and I could stand when towing kids in tube and watch my surroundings. This current setup is not ideal for that and I want to know who has aftermarket baluster seats ? Ive looked everywhere online and can’t find something with a mounting setup that the 190 has.

ANYONE have a solution?

Sorry for boring you with my issues.
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: COBALT HELP PLEASE

Post by Big Block Power »

I'm sure you can change your base but is this what your looking for. They are very close to what is in my boat.
https://www.overtons.com/wise-flip-up-b ... lsrc=aw.ds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Corleycrew
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 26, 2020 11:06 am
Location: Sugarcreek , Ohio
Contact:

Re: COBALT HELP PLEASE

Post by Corleycrew »

YES , My stock seat does not flip up. So I can’t stand at the helm at all.
clm0fiz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:42 am
Location: Jupiter, FL
Contact:

Re: COBALT HELP PLEASE

Post by clm0fiz »

Corleycrew, BBP gave you a good suggestion if your base is still okay with you. If you want to replace the whole thing, Overton's also has this:
https://www.overtons.com/wise-flip-up-b ... 22772.html
clm0fiz
2006 250 "Ms. Liberty"
Mercruiser 6.2 liter 350 hp, Bravo 3 Horizon
Jupiter, FL
User avatar
Macarokks
Commander
Commander
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 12:30 am
Contact:

Re: COBALT HELP PLEASE

Post by Macarokks »

Corleycrew wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:28 pm Ok y’all here me out.......I have a 1996 Cobalt 190 5.7 Alpha One......
Absolutely love the boat and its my second Cobalt....The ONLY issue I have is the captains chair. It’s either sit in it and its too low as designed or sir on the back rest above the windshield and be completely uncomfortable.
I want to replace the entire set up. It is NOT as swivel seat to where I can just stand leaning on the backside of it. It’s a fixed square plate that only adjustable forward and back.
And yes I’ve tried removing it and facing it back so that I can lean against the back as I stand and drive.

My Cobalt 22T had a baluster seat that flipped up and I could stand when towing kids in tube and watch my surroundings. This current setup is not ideal for that and I want to know who has aftermarket baluster seats ? Ive looked everywhere online and can’t find something with a mounting setup that the 190 has.

ANYONE have a solution?

Sorry for boring you with my issues.
Do you have a picture of your 190 seat? I’m trying to visualize what they had.
1979 19BR/1976 19CD
Little Dreamer/Lady D
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Baidu [Spider] and 53 guests