Page 1 of 11

Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:45 pm
by Big Block Power
Well getting the boat try to put in the garage only to forget about one of the tower arms I didn't rotate down. Not sure how this one is going to get fixed. My guess is to drill out this pin and get a new tube bent and reweld the ends on. Yea :-! Not.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 pm
by Tuscany
No one got hurt brother... you and the fam are home safe.
Easy fix.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:56 pm
by AsLan7
Oh BBP, i'm heartbroken.

First of all, I'm glad no one was hurt.

Secondly, I'm glad you're a great mechanic and in the right field to handle this type of issue.

Still-- when one part of the Cobalt boat body hurts --we all hurt.

My heart goes out to you my Cobalt brother.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm
by AsLan7
Btw,

Was it the crunching sound....truck resistance....or people yelling that got your attention, BBP?

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pm
by Big Block Power
No no one got hurt just pride. I had the boat all cleaned up and putting it away by myself just like every other time and yep heard it and stopped the truck as im only going 1mph backwards and said crap.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:16 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pm No no one got hurt just pride. I had the boat all cleaned up and putting it away by myself just like every other time and yep heard it and stopped the truck as im only going 1mph backwards and said crap.


I can certainly relate to the pride thing...and sickness in the stomach.

Back in 2012 my wife had the SUV over a little too far in the garage so when I turned in, the passenger side of our Infiniti scraped along the corner bricks. Not a happy day but insurance paid for most of it. (no I did not blame my wife 8-) )

Hopefully you can check your insruance policy BBp. I just went thru the options today to start my boat policy which will go into effect starting at midnight. If I crushed the tower, it's covered. I'm hoping yours is too.
.
.
.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 pm
by Big Block Power
Ouch. I'm sure it's covered. Not sure if it will go under my boat or home owners or auto insurance?

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 pm Ouch I'm sure it's covered. Not site of it week go under my boat or home owners or auto?
Interesting auto correct there my friend. :D

In any event, if I'm translating correctly, your boat policy is the one to check first.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:49 pm
by Big Block Power
AsLan7 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 pm Ouch I'm sure it's covered. Not site of it week go under my boat or home owners or auto?
Interesting auto correct there my friend. :D

In any event, if I'm translating correctly, your boat policy is the one to check first.
Good translation lol

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:48 am
by Southernboatman
🙁

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:15 am
by ajcampen
Sorry to hear about this BB. Make the insurance claim, that is what it is their for

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:31 am
by Ytmsn
That just sucks...

Time to build a taller garage!

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:18 am
by cmattj
Ytmsn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:31 am That just sucks...

Time to build a taller garage!
Yeah your garage is unharmed 👍🏼 framing is tough..and no hull damage.. weeeew

Remember it's all fixable.. sucks is a great word and the good news is it will still be a great summer with your boat while the adjusters... repair facility and Colbalt get it squared away..
The adjusters are great at digging up new.. used.. while you still enjoy your boat!!

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:28 am
by Big Block Power
Yea I wish I could build a taller garage. Time to find another 220 with a tower that doesn't fold like this one and pull my engine :-)
Just kidding such is life.

Re: Crappy ending to a great day on the water.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:17 am
by cmattj
The sacred GXI stays.. that's a rare boat you have..and will the tower re clasp in the meanwhile?

"It's only a flesh wound"