Page 1 of 1
Cobalt 220 gas cap
Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:13 am
by Basora
I need to replace the stainless steel gas cap on my 2003 Cobalt 220.
Safety chain is gone and holes in cap is are all boogered up from using wrong tool(s)...
Called Cobalt dealer but they actually do not know what size the cap is ... strange! From what I gather, it has to be either a 1.5" or 2" cap, but I'm not sure 'cause I'm 600 mi away from the boat. This style screw cap appears to be fairly generic (Perko, Seachoice, Atwood etc).
I just need to know which size to get.
Anybody?
Thanks.
Re: Cobalt 220 gas cap
Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:37 am
by Big Block Power
I'll let you know when I get home after lunch. It's generic no big deal
Re: Cobalt 220 gas cap
Posted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:29 am
by Basora
After talking with my Cobalt dealer, I ended up with Attwood 66074-3
http://old.attwoodmarine.com/store/prod ... AJOf6FHCok
Re: Cobalt 220 gas cap
Posted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:45 am
by Big Block Power
Oh sure. Sorry I forgot to check mine. Not sure if you are going to replace just the cap or the whole thing but it's no fun just saying.
Re: Cobalt 220 gas cap
Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:50 am
by Watson728
Just finished that job from the previous owner had started. They had bought a new filler assembly for a replacement cap. Problem was the cap didn't fit perfect in the original assembly.
It took my wife's small hands and both of our patience to swap it out through that incredibly small access hole. Be prepared to catch washers and nuts or buy new ones.
Re: Cobalt 220 gas cap
Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:54 pm
by Krob1114
Watson728 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:50 am
It took my wife's small hands and both of our patience to swap it out through that incredibly small access hole. Be prepared to catch washers and nuts or buy new ones.
Some wife's are first mates. Some are co-captains. Some are admirals. Nice to have a mechanic too.
Re: Cobalt 220 gas cap
Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:06 pm
by Big Block Power
Krob1114 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:54 pm
Watson728 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:50 am
It took my wife's small hands and both of our patience to swap it out through that incredibly small access hole. Be prepared to catch washers and nuts or buy new ones.
Some wife's are first mates. Some are co-captains. Some are admirals. Nice to have a mechanic too.
And some are bilge princeses
