Page 1 of 1
262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 9:19 am
by kbloom72
Hey Everyone,
I picked up my 262 late in the season last year and just recently opened up the bimini for the first time. First of all, what a pain to do by yourself! Anyhow, I'm missing the black nylon straps that go on the back. Is anyone aware of a part number or a place to source them? I'm not worried if they aren't OEM.
Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:15 pm
by AsLan7
It’s a pain to set up that’s for sure. I documented it on the site so I can reference it each year.

Posted
here.
Call Sunbella on the straps.
Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 2:10 pm
by kbloom72
AsLan7 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:15 pm
It’s a pain to set up that’s for sure. I documented it on the site so I can reference it each year.

Posted
here.
Call Sunbella on the straps.
I totally followed this when I did it! Didn't help too that dealer had the biminis on backwards so I had to flip them around first.
Thanks for the info on Sunbrella. I'll give them a shout. Cheers
Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:53 pm
by Big Block Power
Or just bring it to a upholstery shop to add them.
Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:48 pm
by bruceb58
A canvas shop can add them. I have an industrial sewing machine and make things like these.
Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:44 am
by kbloom72
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:23 am
by kbloom72
Ok, need more assistance. Does anyone know where I can source this bracket that mounts to the tower? Yesterday it became victims of Memorial Day weekend waves.
Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:45 am
by AsLan7
Did you try GreatLakesskipper.com?
Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:48 am
by kbloom72
AsLan7 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:45 am
Did you try GreatLakesskipper.com?
Been looking through their site. Finding all the Bimini Hardware needed, just can't find the curved tower bracket.
Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:26 am
by AsLan7
kbloom72 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:48 am
AsLan7 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:45 am
Did you try GreatLakesskipper.com?
Been looking through their site. Finding all the Bimini Hardware needed, just can't find the curved tower bracket.
.
Hmmm
Any chance you know a local welder? Do you still have the broken piece? Pic?

Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:41 am
by kbloom72
AsLan7 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:26 am
kbloom72 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:48 am
AsLan7 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:45 am
Did you try GreatLakesskipper.com?
Been looking through their site. Finding all the Bimini Hardware needed, just can't find the curved tower bracket.
.
Hmmm
Any chance you know a local welder? Do you still have the broken piece? Pic?
Man I wish.. Unfortunately I noticed it gone once it was too late.
Re: 262 Bimini Straps
Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:47 am
by kbloom72
Here are some better pictures of the brackets