Page 1 of 2
Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 pm
by AsLan7
Using our eclipse sun glasses makes it so enjoyable to watch!!
Just wish we were also on our Cobalt at the same time.
.
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:10 pm
by cmattj
Had the unsafe welding glass set on tig..
Only a partial where we are..
You had some great pics!
Duke shot .. classic!
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:10 pm
by jhnmdahl
Saw it for a bit between the clouds in MN, but no eclipse glasses needed most of the time. Glad the real rain held off until the eclipse had passed.
The photo of the dog wearing eclipse glasses is great!
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:59 pm
by Driller
I go into the break room about 1:45 and half my team is watching it on TV? On TV! What's going on guys I ask them. Watching the eclipse. Really I say, likely it will still be on TV until well after dark.
Why aren't you watching they ask me.
I'm waiting until 2024 when it is a full eclipse over Texas. They all look at me like they don't expect me to be alive in 2024. I guess when you're a Millennial, everyone looks old.
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:15 pm
by AsLan7
Driller wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:59 pm
I go into the break room about 1:45 and half my team is watching it on TV? On TV! What's going on guys I ask them. Watching the eclipse. Really I say, likely it will still be on TV until well after dark.
Why aren't you watching they ask me.
I'm waiting until 2024 when it is a full eclipse over Texas. They all look at me like they don't expect me to be alive in 2024. I guess when you're a Millennial, everyone looks old.
Lol. That's funny driller.
Btw, it will be 100% full eclipse over Erie PA on April 8th 2024!
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:24 pm
by Big Block Power
I was hoping Aslan had pictures from above the clouds

Welding glasses for us at work as well. Pretty cool to see it move. I think we Have a bb pushing us.
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:28 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:24 pm
I was hoping Aslan had pictures from above the clouds

Welding glasses for us at work as well. Pretty cool to see it move. I think we Have a bb pushing us.
Yes--no flying today.
I do remember the spectacular virew of the Hale Bopp comet years ago while flying at 41,000 feet.
Never got old.
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:01 pm
by Driller
My wife and I were at a crawfish boil in Lafayette, LA for Hale Bopp. That was really something. Then the California deal kinda soured the whole thing.
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:01 pm
by AsLan7
Pic from one of my buddies on another forum who was on his deck:
He lives in Tennessee.
1st pic is 1 minute before eclipse.
2nd pic is same camera with same settings
.
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:19 pm
by Big Block Power
Ok this is a real selfie shot I took. I didn't know it when I took it this afternoon I was showing my wife the circle shadow it made in the clouds then I noticed a dot on my bald head I zoomed in and saw the eclipse.lol
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:26 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:19 pm
Ok this is a real selfie shot I took. I didn't know it when I took it this afternoon I was showing my wife the circle shadow it made in the clouds then I noticed a dot on my bald head I zoomed in and saw the eclipse.lol
That made my day BBP!!!!!
Eclipse shot of the year! 
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:28 pm
by Big Block Power
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:26 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:19 pm
Ok this is a real selfie shot I took. I didn't know it when I took it this afternoon I was showing my wife the circle shadow it made in the clouds then I noticed a dot on my bald head I zoomed in and saw the eclipse.lol
That made my day BBP!!!!!
Eclipse shot of the year!
I guarantee that. I need to submit that one somewhere. I think mine is the only one.lmao.

Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:35 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:28 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:26 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:19 pm
Ok this is a real selfie shot I took. I didn't know it when I took it this afternoon I was showing my wife the circle shadow it made in the clouds then I noticed a dot on my bald head I zoomed in and saw the eclipse.lol
That made my day BBP!!!!!
Eclipse shot of the year!
I guarantee that. I need to submit that one somewhere. I think mine is the only one.lmao.
.
Definitely!
Certainly no one would have had your "head shot" back in 1953, BBp, while they were watchin'
(well maybe that guy goin' blind in the left corner)
.
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:42 pm
by Bfun220
BB, that's too funny. I might have to share that one. Lol
Re: Anyone watching the eclipse ?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:48 pm
by AsLan7
Some other cool shots (first two from the space station):
.