Page 1 of 1
Courtesy Light Replacement
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:31 pm
by DeadOn04
Figured I’d add a quick post on replacing my courtesy lights in my 07 232. Old lights were working fine but were looking aged and plastic was looking a little cloudy. I first bought the stainless looking round lights all over eBay and Amazon, but on arrival I didn’t like the look. After a little more digging found the much newer style almost peanut type LEDs but they are too small for the hole left behind the oval lights. I settled on some white/blue flush mount LEDs from scandvik. I wired them in blue, but if you were motivated you could wire them to a switch. I had to slightly drill out the existing hole to make these fit. Used a Lenox 2” grit tip hole saw. As their was no center piece to tap in to I also used a simple wood brace to keep the hole saw from walking. I also was able to use the existing mollinax clips from the oval lights with a quick splice and heat wrap. Pretty easy job and lights work great.
Re: Courtesy Light Replacement
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:32 pm
by DeadOn04
Before/after.
Re: Courtesy Light Replacement
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:10 am
by AsLan7
.
Those look sharp DO04

Nice documentation too.

Re: Courtesy Light Replacement
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:11 am
by Big Block Power
Nice option. Thanks
Re: Courtesy Light Replacement
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:02 am
by SAB220
Hole size bigger or smaller ?
Had to take off a 1/4" on mine
Hole saw
Had to set up wood jig on mine and filing not good option
Re: Courtesy Light Replacement
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:48 am
by skno
Well done!
Re: Courtesy Light Replacement
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:42 am
by DeadOn04
SAB220 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:02 am
Hole size bigger or smaller ?
Had to take off a 1/4" on mine
Hole saw
Had to set up wood jig on mine and filing not good option
I had to add about 1/4” to the factory hole to get these to fit.
Re: Courtesy Light Replacement
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:39 am
by SAB220
What I did was I found the X/Y center of the existing hole (used the existing light then measured from the deck and something else), then I duct/steel tape a wooden shingles (2) over the old hole, re-found the center and then using a hole-saw (pilot hole first) cut the light opening. I may have missed one or two light mounting holes but it was all good.
Maybe this helps somebody else. The problem is how to use the hole saw.
Re: Courtesy Light Replacement
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:25 pm
by DeadOn04
AsLan7 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:10 am
.
Those look sharp DO04

Nice documentation too.
Thanks! Thing I’m dreading is the vinyl work that I want to get cleaned up. Will save that for the winter!