Page 1 of 1

2009 Cobalt 302 looking to add thru hull anchor set up.

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:52 pm
by betternot247
I currently have a throw over side anchor and a nice roomy anchor closet on front of boat but really would like to purchase and install the thru hull anchor. I don't mind pulling it thru the hull by hand to retrieve and store in locker but throwing over and retrieving over side is really my only issue with my awesome boat. Anyone know the part # or where i can purchase the stainless plate setup? Thanks in advance

Re: 2009 Cobalt 302 looking to add thru hull anchor set up.

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:48 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hey bn247. So glad you found us!

We had a forum member convert his 26 footer to a windlass. I’ll see if I or someone here can find the post.

Any pics? What’s powering her…..twin blue 525’s. :D

And welcome aboard mate!

.

Re: 2009 Cobalt 302 looking to add thru hull anchor set up.

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:47 pm
by betternot247
No it is a nice low hour twin 5.7's, it has sea core set up. I really enjoy it a lot. Do a lot of anchoring and chillen so the boat works great for that. Throwing a big old anchor over with chain is moronic to me. Even if i could just manually pull it into the cabinet through the hull i would feel much better. I am trying to get a refrigerator hooked up as well. Thank you for any help.
Sean

Re: 2009 Cobalt 302 looking to add thru hull anchor set up.

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:49 pm
by betternot247
Who ever heard of a six figure boat with no anchor? hahaha ok i know there is probably a good reason for not having one.

Re: 2009 Cobalt 302 looking to add thru hull anchor set up.

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:06 pm
by rabiddawg
betternot247 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:49 pm Who ever heard of a six figure boat with no anchor? hahaha ok i know there is probably a good reason for not having one.
I would never anchor my 302 if I had one. I’d just keep circling making everyone look at my boat 😜