Page 1 of 1

Teak wood refresh

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:04 pm
by CobaltRookie 1990
Bought a StarBrite kite with the cleaner, brightener and teak oil along w a marine grade stainless steel scrubber to use with the brightener. My boat Is a 1990 and I just bought it this past winter so I have no idea the last time the teak was oiled or cleaned. Anyway, big fan of the StraBrite product I ordered on Amazon so thought I’d share. I also had to shore up some of the fastenings and put a few stainless steel plates to ad even more strength. The first image is the “before”. Second is after cleaning and then Using the brightener with the stainless steel scrubber and allowing to dry. Then last image is final product after two coats of teak oil. So easy and looks great.

Re: Teak wood refresh

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:00 pm
by AsLan7
.
Gorgeous!

Nice job brutha’. 👌🏻

Re: Teak wood refresh

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:47 pm
by rabiddawg
Teak is beautiful but requires maintenance.

IMO, it’s worth it. I miss my old Malibu with the teak swim deck.