Page 1 of 1
Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:52 pm
by Cobaltr6
Contacted Mark at Trick Steps in Brownsburg, IN and they made some custom steps for our new R6. I thought they came out great. The first picture is without the steps and the other is with them.
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:59 pm
by AsLan7
.
Man that’s a great add on CR6.

May have to add one to our trailer.
Is it only mounted at that one location? It’s hard to tell from the picture. How shaky is it?
I missed you last month with a formal welcome. So glad you found us! Thanks for the pics too.
Welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:15 pm
by ajcampen
Cobaltr6 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:52 pm
Contacted Mark at Trick Steps in Brownsburg, IN and they made some custom steps for our new R6. I thought they came out great. The first picture is without the steps and the other is with them.
That is pretty fantastic. Care to share what that cost? I step in a tire now. Thank you
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:59 pm
by Cobaltr6
It cost $800. It’s very solid and not shaky at all. We have a lot of wide multi-boat launches around here with no dock on the side. Being in my 70’s, my wife insisted that I get something like this. Now I can get in and out of the boat and launch it by myself as easy as pie. Mark Peiser at Trick Step is the owner and has made over 11,000 steps. He mostly does bass boats but will make custom steps for any boat. If you’re interested, his web site is Trickstep.com.
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:55 pm
by ForeverCobalt
Nice steps CR6. Thanks for passing along the information!
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:26 pm
by CaptainC123
Cobaltr6,
Love the boat and trailer color, it looks really sharp!
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:04 am
by Cobaltr6
Thanks Captain123 for the nice comments. Now we have to wait until the warmer weather to use the boat. It’s going to be a looong winter!
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:25 pm
by bruceb58
Nice to see a Cobalt that isn't dark blue or black. When we bought our used R5 we got lucky.
I would definitely consider that color on a new boat if I ordered one.
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:47 am
by Tuscany
bruceb58 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:25 pm
Nice to see a Cobalt that isn't dark blue or black. When we bought our used R5 we got lucky.
I would definitely consider that color on a new boat if I ordered one.
Hey…..


Blue is the color of cobalt!
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:17 am
by CaptainC123
Tuscany,
Beautiful boat! Both boats are stunning, you can't go wrong with either color in my opinion.
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:04 am
by Cobaltr6
Thanks so much for the compliment. We were very pleased with the way it came out. We are still waiting for some electronic part for the boat but since it’s too cold to use the boat in Indiana, the wait isn’t so painful. My dealer said that he was told that there are LOTS of R model boats shrink wrapped in the parking lots outside at the factory just waiting for parts to come in. I guess the supply chain is really playing havoc with their build process.
Re: Got steps made for our new boat
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:16 am
by CaptainC123
Cobaltr6 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:04 am
Thanks so much for the compliment. We were very pleased with the way it came out. We are still waiting for some electronic part for the boat but since it’s too cold to use the boat in Indiana, the wait isn’t so painful. My dealer said that he was told that there are LOTS of R model boats shrink wrapped in the parking lots outside at the factory just waiting for parts to come in. I guess the supply chain is really playing havoc with their build process.
One of those boats may be mine. I have an R8 on order, should have been at the dealership a couple of weeks ago. Dealer said that they don't know when it will arrive. Not much one can do about that except wait.