Page 1 of 1
New owner
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:23 am
by LoneRanger
Hello everyone I'm about to acquire a 1993 cobalt 198 in a trade deal. I will attach photos. Please give me some pointers on maintenance and up keep also if ya could give me a value on my boat. Im located in Los Banos California I'm new to the boat scene. I will post pics of boat and my 2 seater buggy ima trade for it. My buggy is valued at about 5k it is a 2007 bms powerbuggy that has a honda 400ex motor swap. It's now a speed green stickered. Should I do the trade or stay away. Please help. As I stated before I'm new to this world. Boat is in excellent shape and has about 800hrs. The owner was a mechanic and maintenance religiously
Thanks for your help.
Re: New owner
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:05 am
by Big Block Power
In today's world any boat that floats and runs is worth about 10k. As long as you are ready to possibly could dump 5k in it for who knows why. Crap happens! Then do it.
Re: New owner
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:27 am
by AsLan7
.
Hey LR. So glad you found us!
The trade is solid if the boat runs well. What size engine? You’ll have to dish out a few hundred to change fluids, filters, and impeller.
You might want to add a few more speakers too.
And welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: New owner
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:14 pm
by LoneRanger
Thank you guys. Boat runs great and has a new Holley carb on it. I'm in need of a chrome trim piece that goes along the front of boat. When I get the boat I'll post pics. Again thank u guys I'm so excited is this a good first boat to have.