Page 1 of 1

Water temperature gauge

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:06 pm
by u8dust
C0505DB3-3DA0-486C-8C48-67E6640FAAC7.jpeg
I am having an issue with the water temp reading that is in the speedometer gauge. I assume this is for the lake water temp but it reads 179 all of the time (even cold without the engine running). Has anyone else had this issue? Would it be a gauge or sensor problem?
Thanks
Chad

Re: Water temperature gauge

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:11 am
by Big Block Power
Just replace the water temp sensor on the transom.

Re: Water temperature gauge

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:40 pm
by jonw85
Sorry to bump this post, but I have the same issue.

Try as I might, I can’t figure out what the water temp sensor might be. Any help on where I should be looking on the transom and where I can find a replacement would be much appreciated. This is a ‘09 276.

Re: Water temperature gauge

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:06 pm
by jimmyr5
I have the same problem as well 179 all the time. I don"t know were the sensor ether. I have a 2014 R5. hopefully someone here can help