Page 1 of 1

Cutting the cord!

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:37 am
by Big Block Power
My wife and I are sick of paying $200 for cable and internet. So internet alone is $80 for high speed. She bought a Roku and yes I could put a antenna up in the garage in the rafters for local channels but I'm trying to avoid that but I don't think I'll be able to. What are you guys using? Any hints. I'm not a computer geek and im not hacking into one of these things. We only watch a handful of cable channels anyways.

YT I give you a pass on this thread.:-)

Re: Cutting the cord!

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:24 am
by Driller
I've looked into it, and unless you can find a service streaming the local channels thru the internet you will need an antennae.

That my own opinion, but someone might know another solution of which I'm not aware.

I do think, ROKU / NetFlicks / or/and Apple TV can cut the cord to cable. Local is a little more difficult.

Re: Cutting the cord!

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:33 pm
by Bfun220
After att raised my bill 37% I had enough. I cut the cord and got rid of my internet to. For local tv I got a small indoor HD antenna and I can use the hot spot on my phone to run Netflix and stuff. Its been 1 month so far so good.

Re: Cutting the cord!

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:31 pm
by Big Block Power
Do you have unlimited data B?
I didn't think of that. I only have 4gb for 4 phones.

Re: Cutting the cord!

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:02 pm
by Bfun220
I had a 4g plan and I was using my employer discount. After looking at option I found by using military discount the unlimited plan only cost me $7 more per month. So it was a no brainer for me.

Re: Cutting the cord!

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:08 pm
by ajcampen
Switch cable providers every year or two to make sure u always have promo rate. Only get the box for the tvs u really use. I think I pay $111 per month with wow tv

Re: Cutting the cord!

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:03 pm
by Big Block Power
ajcampen wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:08 pm Switch cable providers every year or two to make sure u always have promo rate. Only get the box for the tvs u really use. I think I pay $111 per month with wow tv
We only have one cable choice here. I don't want a dish on the house so that rules them out.

Re: Cutting the cord!

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:10 pm
by Bfun220
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:03 pm
ajcampen wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:08 pm Switch cable providers every year or two to make sure u always have promo rate. Only get the box for the tvs u really use. I think I pay $111 per month with wow tv
We only have one cable choice here. I don't want a dish on the house so that rules them out.
You could switch to att then back to cable.
But I personally dont think it worth the hassle.