Page 1 of 1
New Cobalt Upholstery
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 pm
by Wuzzup
I recently purchased a 2013 242 and it has several tears and cuts in the upholstery. I am considering replacing all of the upholstery with new. However I would like to keep the Cobalt insignia in the upholstery. Is anyone aware if this can be done? Will Cobalt sell fabric? Has anyone done this?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Re: New Cobalt Upholstery
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:08 pm
by Titaniumboy
The upholsterer should be able to send the marine vinyl he plans to use over to an embroidery shop.
Re: New Cobalt Upholstery
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:13 pm
by AsLan7
Wuzzup wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 pm
I recently purchased a 2013 242 and it has several tears and cuts in the upholstery. I am considering replacing all of the upholstery with new. However I would like to keep the Cobalt insignia in the upholstery. Is anyone aware if this can be done? Will Cobalt sell fabric? Has anyone done this?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
.
Hey Wuzzup. So glad you found us!
Cobalt normally does not stock parts or certain fabrics for boats over seven years old. That being said, some production runs on vinyl go longer. I have called my local dealer and had them drop ship vinyl to me so I could have a local upholsterer do the work. Find your local Cobalt Dealer and they should be able to help you out.
Any pics of your 242?
And welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: New Cobalt Upholstery
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:58 am
by Wuzzup
Thank you. I will reach out
Will send pics shortly