Page 1 of 2

R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:02 am
by Cobaltr6
Does the R6 badge on the back of the transom light up? I thought it should but the dealer thought it may be an option I had to buy. I tried all the switches on the dash but never got it to light up. The side Cobalt badges on my tower light up and I thought it would be on the same switch. Thanks for any advice.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:20 am
by Soonerfan
I can only comment on my R8 and yes it was an additional option for purchase. I have a stainless steel button on the dash in line with the other for lighting and other that says something like "logo light" that illuminates the R8 emblem on the transom.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:49 pm
by Cobaltr6
Thanks for the info. Is it possible to easily add the light to the logo after the boat has been built?

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:31 am
by drtbar
As Soonerfan mentioned, my R6 has a "logo light" button on the dash, and I did not order any light packages. The "RGB" button turns on side Cobalt badges on the tower, as well as a couple LED lights underneath the tower.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:31 am
by dsthomas
before Malibu took over I was told that you can add any option after the fact except the windless. I don't know now if that's the case. even if it's not prewired, I'll bet you could add it pretty easy but like everything else it just comes down to is it worth the money.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:23 am
by Cobaltr6
I cant understand why they would make that an option. It’s just a little led light. Plus I can’t find anywhere online that says adding the light to the logo badge is an option. It’s a head scratcher! I tried using the logo light button on the dash but nothing turned on.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:59 pm
by drtbar
Cobaltr6 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:23 am I cant understand why they would make that an option. It’s just a little led light. Plus I can’t find anywhere online that says adding the light to the logo badge is an option. It’s a head scratcher! I tried using the logo light button on the dash but nothing turned on.
I agree. What year is your R6? As I mentioned before my 2022 has the light and it turns on with the "RGB lights" button.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:03 pm
by Cobaltr6
It’s a 2022, so it’s the current model. Even though there are a few nit-picky things like the light, overall it’s the best boat we have ever owned. The last boat was a 220S which was also terrific.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:36 pm
by VTENGR
I think Cobalt calls the option "SWIM PLATFORM TRANSOM LIGHTING". It was a $495 option on my '22 R6 build.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:03 pm
by drtbar
VTENGR wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:36 pm I think Cobalt calls the option "SWIM PLATFORM TRANSOM LIGHTING". It was a $495 option on my '22 R6 build.
Now you got me curious. I didn't recall getting any light options with my '22 R6, so I went back and went over my build and didn't find the option you specified. I also can't find that option on the website. Hmm...

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:09 pm
by dsthomas
drtbar wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:03 pm
VTENGR wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:36 pm I think Cobalt calls the option "SWIM PLATFORM TRANSOM LIGHTING". It was a $495 option on my '22 R6 build.
Now you got me curious. I didn't recall getting any light options with my '22 R6, so I went back and went over my build and didn't find the option you specified. I also can't find that option on the website. Hmm...
That’s the option I selected for mine as well.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:14 pm
by VTENGR
drtbar wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:03 pm
VTENGR wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:36 pm I think Cobalt calls the option "SWIM PLATFORM TRANSOM LIGHTING". It was a $495 option on my '22 R6 build.
Now you got me curious. I didn't recall getting any light options with my '22 R6, so I went back and went over my build and didn't find the option you specified. I also can't find that option on the website. Hmm...
B52D5B26-7D49-4A1F-9B40-24F08328BE36.jpeg

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:40 pm
by Cobaltr6
$500 to light up the logo badge. Boy, that seems really steep! I think I can live without it.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:18 am
by Big Block Power
Can you remove it and add your own light behind it? I bet you can.

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:33 am
by drtbar
VTENGR wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:14 pm
drtbar wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:03 pm
VTENGR wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:36 pm I think Cobalt calls the option "SWIM PLATFORM TRANSOM LIGHTING". It was a $495 option on my '22 R6 build.
Now you got me curious. I didn't recall getting any light options with my '22 R6, so I went back and went over my build and didn't find the option you specified. I also can't find that option on the website. Hmm...
B52D5B26-7D49-4A1F-9B40-24F08328BE36.jpeg
Need to get my eyes checked apparently because I glossed right over that option on the build page.

I did not select "Swim platform transom lighting" with my build, and yet have the logo light. There must be another light above the logo that is the "transom lighting." I'll check to see if I have that.